🆕 Security Center

We want Glide apps to be not only easy & fun to build, but also safe & secure. Today we added an important new section to our documentation: The Security Center.

The Security Center contains essential guides for building apps that keep private data private. If your apps contain any information that should not be public, or should not be shared with all users of your app, you should read these guides.

The guides cover:

• Choosing a secure sign-in setting
  • Strategies for protecting data with Row Owners
  • When and when not to use visibility conditions, filtering, and removed components

We will keep the Security Center up-to-date with some exciting new security features coming out in the next few weeks. Please stay tuned and let us know what questions you have.

33 Likes

@Roldy this is for you.

1 Like

Great resource @David. Quick question… can a Joined List be assigned as a Row Owner column? This way, in a Profile sheet, for example, the user email and the single value Admin email that is added could be joined into a single column. Then this Joined List could be assigned as the Row Owner. Is that possible?

You cannot assign computed columns as Row Owners yet—only basic columns of emails, or arrays of emails.

1 Like

Humm I read a note not so good. Only in private and private pro app will be the possibility do define groups of row owners? Not in Public with email App?

1 Like

Sorry one more question. Are there plans to enable copying of columns (similar to Arrayformula in sheets to copy a column to another sheet) in Glide Tables?

1 Like

Thanks for that clarification. If that is in the pipeline, I personally feel like it could be a useful addition and it would remove the need to create multiple copies of sheets.

Yes, that’s right.

2 Likes

Can you point me to where it says that in the documentation? Thank you.

I see this in the row owners page.

It’s in a soon to be released section on security roles. I didn’t see it at first either… maybe @David just added it haha

In security center > Role-based Security

1 Like

3 Likes

I do not understand why. Can you explain why not in Public with email?

Because using Roles in a Public App, you could easily get the same features as our Private apps without paying for them by making a single “Member” role.

Thanks David. Not a problem to pay more, I want only understand how to reach my goal. I need to go in the right develop direction.

What are you trying to make?

One or more Admin users can manage the user’s profile table where a row owner is set for security reason.

1 Like

I think you can use an array to accomplish this. Set up an admin sheet with “email 1” “email 2” “email 3” columns. Then create a copy of your profile sheet and pull in that admin array of emails as a single value column.

Those admin emails could be given access to edit parts of the users’ profiles. The main user profile sheet could still use row owners for the user themselves.

2 Likes

@david thank you for taking the time to outline security. This is such an important topic and I am already seeing areas that I can improve user security in my existing and future builds.

2 Likes