Allow "go back" action to return to same screen position

Hi!

Am madly in love with Glide Pages vs Apps, especially the custom collections and containers! Yet, there are still a few kinks that could use some resolving.

1. When going back from a detail view to a list view (or any screen), it goes back to the top of the screen, rather than where you were up to previously in the list. This is a big issue when reviewing lots of data
  2. A bit of a lag in Glide pages vs Apps on my Android device. Loom Recording
  3. When using the inline screen and exiting the screen- and then using the default 'go back" gesture on mobile, it gets stuck in bit of a confusing loop. Screen recording

Great work team! Can’t wait to see how Glide Pages + Big Tables transforms our workflows!

2 Likes

@tristan Some feedback here.

@Eden can you record this part in a Loom video?

@ThinhDinh @tristan
Here’s a loom
Screen Recording

The lag with Glide pages has been frustrating with users on mobile.

1 Like

Notice the ‘breadcrumbs’ component briefly appears at 0:04s, when going back-

This issue appears consistently in my experience with Glide pages on mobile, both iOS and Android.

1 Like

@tristan any thoughts on this topic? The lag on Android makes pages frustrating to use.

I’ve also observed that the lag might be even more significant on apps which have lots of images.

I have a temporary solution for you. If you make your new Target Screen open as an Overlay vs Current, when you close the overlay or go back, it will keep you where you previously were.

I did notice though that even if I am using Dark Theme, the top of the Overlay is white.

1 Like

Although, “go back” still jumps to the top of the screen.

1 Like

any “news” on this topic? going back to the top of the screen is very frustrating when you have a long list…

1 Like

Similar to my issue

1 Like

I hear you! I’ve run into this on my personal apps. :sweat_smile:

I’ve opened another ticket with the dev team and cited this thread (plus a couple others).

We’ll follow up here when we have something ready to share.

5 Likes

Thank you kindly!

@david, this one’s quite important from a User Experience perspective, quite the headache for users when working with any sort of collections

Dear Andy,

any news about this topic? Thanks!

Fabio

Thanks for checking in. :slight_smile: It’s in the development queue.

1 Like

Thanks Andy for your reply

Any estimated “delivery”? around 1 week, 1 month, 6 months… Just to understand how long is that queue :slight_smile:

Thanks

Ciao

I don’t have an ETA at the moment, but it’s on my watchlist. :+1:

When I have more details from the team, I’ll pass it along here.

Thanks for keeping me accountable! :stuck_out_tongue:

This is seemingly simple but incredibly important for power users of Large tables.

Each entry is several seconds, calculate that for a few hundred times a day.

Are you sure this is in the development queue? I was struggling with this earlier, but now my understanding is that the Go Back action functions as intended. In some cases users may want to be returned to the top of the previous screen.

In other cases users may want to be returned to their previous position in a long list. In such cases we should set the Navigation Target as an Overlay or Slide In. When those objects are closed the user will be returned to where they were in their list.

The current choices provide the flexibility to manage the user experience as desired.

It’s in the development queue for review & follow-up by the team. :+1:

What you’ve described is a good workaround for preserving a user’s position in a list, but there are situations where overlays and slide-ins aren’t ideal.

I agree that flexibility in managing user experience should be preserved. That’s the sort of detail that our designers and devs will dig into.

4 Likes

Are there any updates for the bug?

1 Like