Glideapp Update frequency

Yes, it has made it quick and easy to build in. I honestly would just need timers and I would probably purchase more pro apps.

1 Like

Hey, didn’t they just add the timer/stopwatch component? :open_mouth:

Is it helping you?

1 Like

No, its a stopwatch. Thats all it does. You can’t use it to tie into other actions or as a result of an action, its a manual timer, needs to be started and stopped by a human and has no additional features other than counting time or counting down time for you. It’s just a stopwatch.

That’s what I feared, but let’s hope they’ll implement it

I’ve been asking for timers since March this year. I don’t recall anyone asking for a stopwatch…

I’ve created 2 workarounds but they rely heavily on scripts and would never be accepted as a template

I agree that the option of more frequent updates would be incredibly useful, and in fact is a minimum requirement for my application. I am guessing that there is some clever workaround as there seems to be for everything Glide related. If someone can reveal such a workaround I will be eternally grateful.

My application is as follows:
User captures a bunch of data through a Glide Form
The onChange trigger in Google Sheets calls an API to our backend to query results
These results are dumped to the sheet
The user needs to see these results immediately, but has to wait 3-4 mins instead

Any ideas?

Hello Jon, are you using a pro app with while editing or using the app Data Sync setting?

2 Likes

Hi @Eric_Penn. I am using a pro app and have it set to refresh while editing or using the app.

Hmmm curious. I’ll have to yield to the experts on this one. API calls are a little above my pay grade. @ThinhDinh @Drearystate thoughts?

This may or may not help, but I’ll just toss it out there…

This will force a spreadsheet update at least once a minute, which might also trigger a Glide update. I don’t know that for a fact, and haven’t tested it, but it might be worth a try.

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestuin @Darren_Murphy . Unfortunately it did not make a difference.

Hmm, Need some clarification
You said: My application is as follows:

1. User captures a bunch of data through a Glide Form

2. The onChange trigger in Google Sheets calls an API to our backend to query results (This is unclear)

3. These results are dumped to the sheet (This is unclear)

4. The user needs to see these results immediately, but has to wait 3-4 mins instead (They should be able to see results immediately depending on

5. Where are they looking for the results. is it in google sheets or Glide?

6. Who are these “Users” that are looking for results.
    Are they Google sheet shared users or Glide users.
    My suggested work around.

7. change how the glide user collects “The bunch of data”. Create a new tab in glide and call it “DataEntry” or whatever.

8. Add a WebView component

9. Create a google form and link it to the google sheet you want to see an instant result.

10. generate an embed link from your form and paste it in the Glide web component settings. You will see your google form appear in Glide. When someone opens your glide app they will be able to data entry directly into the google sheet using the google form and the results will be instant.

So wherever you want an instant results, you use the form for that system.
If you want instant Glide results, Use Glide Form
If you want Instant Google Sheet Results Use Google Form.

No matter what form you use the data will be populated in glide, but its faster when you go from Google form to google sheet to glide.
Or you can use an integration like Zapier to go faster from Glide to Zapier to Google sheet (Instant)

1 Like

10.000 updates Or, with 25,000 updates packages, it is very difficult to create most applications in the world with glidea infrastructure.

Good job you specified ‘on Earth’… I would have been skeptical otherwise.

2 Likes