Glideapp Update frequency

Great!

There is no script. I just keep the workbook closed and it updates on its own.

Can someone from Glide confirm this?

I’m telling you it works. try it yourself. It doesn’t take much effort especially if you are in need of it to update that frequently.

Sure. Once app is in production, I can make a schedule for maintenance and other sheet operations. Thanks. I just wanted to get official reaction from Glide staff.

Your best bet regarding official responses like this is the tried and tested. I have an app that is accessed over 4,000 times a day by 250+ people. Believe me, I need the data as accurate as possible, this as of right now is the fastest.

Hi, thanks @Drearystate for this useful information.

While for formulae we know that the more we build them into DataEditor the best it is for response time, is it also true for raw data? (ex. a list of products).
Initially I thought “no” since they are replicated in G-Sheet, but maybe am I wrong.
Thanks.

You are correct, because that is entered into the sheet it will maintain a delay. There is a way to create a ton of floating variables using our rudimentary math formulas and turn them into complex algorithms right in glide but i do not know the perform consequences as of right now.

I’m guessing this was fixed and updates are now at a set time of 3 minutes and 45 seconds. This is what i get for opening my mouth.

This is really exciting.Will existing apps have to be rebuilt or will they magically convert to the new “system” meaning the data editor takes over and the sheet is no longer needed?

You will choose which sheets you want to be in Google Sheets, and which you want to be in Glide.

4 Likes

I’m sorry…what’s going on?

Just to clarify, you will be able to choose which apps will be built directly in Glide Data editor without a Google sheet and which apps will be built from a Google Sheet? (Your response says which sheets in sheets vs. Glide)…or am I just understanding incorrectly?

I was just replying to an old post by @david that in future apps can be built directly via Glide Data Editor without a sheet…

I do not know what you guys are talking about, but it sounds like you can pick which sheets glide loads up into the app and which sheets it allows to remain unloaded that holds data or does calculations.

Hmmm, I truly apologize for any confusion I am causing - but the comment said apps without sheets…that’s what I was asking about. :smiley:

Refer to the top of the thread and the comment that @Deena replied to.

1 Like

Oh, I see. That’s going to be amazing. I need my app to update as frequently as possible. I can’t wait for that feature. I have been looking at alternatives to be honest.

1 Like

If Glide had timers built in I would be good to go. But I had to make these huge formulas in google sheets to create a timer that can auto restart and manually restart and move people as they do it.

1 Like

Yup, I think Glide is incredible but I truly dislike sheets. Brilliant idea, however, for Glide to have launched using sheet capability in the meantime while they build up the data editor capabilities! :clap:

1 Like