Hello, fellow Gliders.
I have a live Glide App that is a curated list of events.
I want to build a peripheral Glide Page that allows various event administrators to enter or update their events. I am using google sheets as my data source.
- There will be unique administrators identified by unique email addresses (sheet = Listing Admins)
- Each administrator will have multiple Events. (sheet = Event Details)
- Each event will cover multiple dates. (sheet = Calendar)
- Listing Admin Bob Jones is the admin for the Anytown Spring Carnival and Anytown Christmas Market. One admin to many events.
- The Anytown Spring Carnival is Saturday, April 2, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday, April 3, 10:00 am t0 4:00 pm. One event to many dates.
I’m struggling with the structure of my Glide Pages. I understand the concept that all Pages are a Details Screen rather than the Layout Types in Glide Apps. But, I’m struggling with if I should build with just individual components, form containers, or something else.
The experience I want to create is:
- Enter admin contact info–name, email, phone
- Enter first event’s details
- Enter a start date and time, end date and time, click “add another date,” and repeat for all dates.
- Then click “add another event” to repeat new event details and dates.
I should end up with:
- Login Admin sheet has one new row for Bob Jones.
- Event Details sheet has two new rows. 1) Spring Carnival and 2) Christmas Market.
- Calendar sheet has four new rows. 1) Spring Carnival April 2; 2) Spring Carnival, April 3; 3) Christmas Market, December 10: and 4) Christmas Market December 11.
Your advice or suggestion of a specific template is greatly appreciated.