🗓 Google Calendar for Glide... plus Event Picker

Google Calendar

Advanced CSS Calendar/Event Picker… it syncs data from your google calendar and turns it into Glide inline lists… Fast synchronization… under 2 seconds! Since all data is on google servers… you have unlimited rows in a free Glide App… also no updates will be counted, the whole App is made on the USC columns! :grinning:

You can play with it… add events… is hooked to my Testing Google Account… so no damage will be done LOL

The calendar can be scaled down, and work as a Date or Event Picker in a pop-up window… replacing outdated Glide calendar :wink:

5 Likes

Pretty. This is probably your best template to date.

3 Likes

thank you!!! but i have better ones LOL

In terms of simplicity and minimalist design, I like this one best.

2 Likes

how about my Scheduling calendar?

too much?

@Robert_Petitto if Glide could give us a time delay… and wait until the condition… between custom actions… I can make really incredible Apps.

Now the pop-up version lol…

3 Likes

Nice.

1 Like

How to create like this ?

I have something like this (Figure 1 ),

The leave for each employee. Each employee, have to fill up “Start date” and “End date” for the leave. But the calendar component, show the list only based on Start Date Or End Date.

It is possible have something like Calendar View like @Uzo 's one, and when choose date, its showing the list who is on leave on that day.

1 Like

it is possible but it is a lot of work! :wink:

i see, okay thanks @Uzo , but this kind of Calendar View is common usage in apps right…

what do you mean? Apps and Pages do not have like that… I made it totally in HTML, CSS and fetch JSON

I mean, I think most of Apps need this kind of Calendar View, why glide don’t have this feature and need lots of work in order to do that?

1 Like

it is very complicated to do, I don’t think Glide has time to make a calendar like that, maybe in the feature…

Have you tried the calendar component in Pages? I think it will do exactly what you want. Events with different start and end dates will show up on each day in between.

3 Likes

no because i’m using GlideApps.

Well, Pages would be worth considering, since that is the direction Glide is headed going forward. Glide will actively be adding new features to Pages, while Apps will pretty much stay the same. If you want to use the calendar component, then you’ll have to convert to Pages. Otherwise, you’ll have to find a way to build it yourself in Apps.

3 Likes

Thanks @Jeff_Hager !

1 Like

Can you please explain to me the basics of how I will be able to through the google calendar integration, be able to:

• allow user A to manage events on his google account provided by his company
  • allow user B to manage events on her google account provided by his company
  • and the other 20 users

I noticed we have a calendar ID field which i would assume would need to represent the individual users calendar? Can i further assume that when User A is logged in he will only see events linked to his google calendar?

From a google perspective, can i link the individuals google accounts or will i need to create individual calendars for each user - im not sure what this setup will look like?

any assistance will help thanks

The Google Calendar integration allows users to add events to a single, generic calendar as defined by the app builder. So, if a user wants to add an event to their own calendar, the integration would add the event to the “app calendar” and then invite the user to the event. The user would not be the owner of the event.

I have a video on this thread:

1 Like