Sync Personal calendar

Hi! I’m doing up an app for a small group of people.

Is it possible for them to sync their own calendar to add and edit their own events to the app?

These details should be independent of other users.

1 Like

Yes, that is possible!

1. Add a new sheet named “Events”
  2. Add text columns for a name (and a description if you want)
  3. Add date and time columns for a start and end date/time.
  4. Add a email column for the user who made the event.
  5. Add a “Calendar” list to any screen. This will display the events.
  6. Set the sheet to the events sheet you made and set the items data to whatever columns you made.
  7. You can also customise the calendar view to your liking.
    Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 11.54.49 am
  8. Filter the data like this:
    Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 11.52.36 am
  9. Disable the “Allow adding events” because we need to create our own.
    Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 11.56.43 am
  10. Add a button to the screen, name it anything you like, and set the action to open a form screen.
  11. Set the form’s sheet to the event sheet you created.
  12. Glide will automatically add the fields needed. Delete the email field, and customise the other fields to your liking.
  13. Add the “User’s email address” component to your form and make sure the column is set to the “Owner” column.
  14. You can click a event to edit it. So lastly, make a event, click it, and add the description, start, and end components to the edit screen.
  15. Done! Here is the result:
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

If you have any questions just let me know. You can customise it to your liking, but don’t delete anything I added.

This might have not included the “sync” part, which I think is important in this context. @isaac may have wanted a one-button solution to sync the calendar events in each user’s own calendar app(s) to Glide, which is kind of complex. Doing form submissions would work, but it would be a lot of work for someone who has a lot of events.

Did you mean like import them from Google Calendar or something to your app?

Yes, I take it Isaac meant something like that.

Well, I don’t think it is possible.

There is a Google Calendar integration, but it can only add/edit/delete Google Calendar events from your glide app.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 4.35.09 pm

1 Like

It is possible if you can get the required authorization, but it won’t scale very well. Also depends a bit on how many times OP wants to sync a day.

Ok got it. Thank you so much.

1 Like