Glide - Order management

Hi there,

I am currently working on a project where I need some data organization help. My high level goal is I want to create an order management process. In this process orders will automatically come in through a web-hook to the google sheet. I then want a list of products for the employee to go pick the products. Essentially when an order comes in it goes to a google sheet as its own row so the google sheet will have 1 row but will have product 1 quantity 1 Product 2 quantity 2 Product 3 quantity 3 and so on. I want to be able to update each individual product status. To do this I need to create a new google sheet that takes the rows with multiple columns of products and puts it into a vertical table. So instead you would just have product & quantity and each row is one of the products from the previous spreadsheet. I am struggling with this part as you can’t do a simple lookup as there could be 3 products an order or 15 products an order and when multiple orders come in it would not allow the formulas work.

Does anyone have any ideas??

I think the cleanest structure should be one sheet of order info (each order is on its own row) and one sheet of item info (each item of each order is on its own row).

Something like.

Order

ID || Customer name || Timestamp

Items:

Order ID || Item ID || Item quantity | Done?

It will consume rows, but you can update each item row as you want.

Thank you for the reply!

I am defiantly open to this idea but I am not sure if this will work how I have it planned out.

Each order has multiple different variants of products and quantities, I am not sure I would be able to use the web-hook to put each separate product on its own line?

I dont mind it using a lot of lines.

Essentially I want a part of the app on our side that list each individual product and quantity ordered as a pick list. Then when picked it would show it all as an entire order. I think the creation of the interface will be easy once I am able to figure out how to get these orders to list all these individual products as a list.

Let me know what you think?

You will be able to do so with the iterator on a splitted array.