šŸ§  Glide Games: Mastermind!

Yaā€¦something fishy with the Data Editorā€¦

Working now!

2 Likes

Jeezuschrist, this is really impressive @Robert_Petitto !!

2 Likes

Verified! I canā€™t recall playing this game before, but itā€™s pretty fun :smile:

2 Likes

Hmm seems some colors arenā€™t working on my end. Not sure why!

Ooo are those emojis not supported? Weird!

Hmm yeah.

And Robert this app is great :star_struck:

Thank you

1 Like

Iā€™ll look into which emojis are universal across all devices and pick one of each of those colors I was using. Look for an update later tonight maybe

3 Likes

I know some newer colored emojiā€™s have limited support. I have an app that I use to track some stuff at work and I use colored dot emojis, but they donā€™t show up in windows on my work machine because we are on a long term support version that doesnā€™t have the updated unicode support for these new emojis. Should be less of an issue once people update their OSā€™s.

4 Likes

Just to add to your collectionā€¦
I was 9 when I discovered this game in itā€™s ā€œhardwareā€ version with a black box and tokens. Then later Othello, the simple version inspired by the Japanese strategy game of Go. Tic-Tac-Toe would be a easy dual 1 to 1 game :wink: with 2 gamers playing together in a Gamathon. And you organize 1/4 final, 1/2 finale, Grand Finale!
with live sessions and audience that would engage people and motivate them to buy the game app after entertaining them with a match.
Looks like game apps have their market.

I used to have PB with some emoticons showing drinks or objects (matƩ and kite never show).
Cool to know why

Itā€™s not even the French flag! :clipperton_island:

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe Jesus says Jesus Christ :sweat_smile:
Sorry, itā€™s priceless.

1 Like

So thatā€™s why the colored circles emoji solution cannot be used for Lionelā€™s Wine Management app we read this week (red, gold, pink, sparkle).

1 Like

Thatā€™s one thing I like about emojipedia.org. It gives you a little history on each emoji.

The orange circle for example is only a couple of years old. It was released with Unicode 12.0 in 2019. If your device is older than that and/or doesnā€™t have the latest version of Unicode built into itā€™s OS, then it wonā€™t be able to render those newer emoji.

4 Likes

Which makes me discover that thereā€™s now orange wine since 2019 (says Google). As I was about to tell you Lionel should not need to use orange to categorize his wine. Actually, that may come!
Thks for this emoji story.
I was previously intrigued by this ā€œmoon phase emoji (in a @Lucas_Pires comment somewhere else) Iā€™ve never seen beforeā€ (you use it on top of your comment.

3 Likes

Cool to use this with 2 circles as a Captcha security optionā€¦:smiley:

Niceā€¦ but is not working goodā€¦ results are not what I selectedā€¦ the info button is covering the results listā€¦(add a large spacer at the end )

I ran into the same thing when trying the matching game on my iPad. I decided to switch over using emoji images from Icons8:

2 Likes

After playing this game after playing Wordle for 2 weeks, I realize how similar they are, BUT I think Mastermind is more difficult because it doesnā€™t tell you the position of the correct answersā€¦

Robertā€™s giving us a behind the scenes look at this app later today. Join us! :point_down:

1 Like