Glide as a Saas **Monetize**

Hey fellow Gliders, first time here :wink:

Can I ask… is it possible to run Glide Pro as a Sass model, whereby one can have multiple users pulling their own set of data. I have a cool and sniffy kickstarter thats needs a lightweight MVP fast and Glide looks promising.

It can do that if you require login and use the filter by row by signed-in user under the Features tab of the Layout.

1 Like

Grats @George_B, so just to clarify on the above, I could* add a user to docs > filter out a user by signed-in > user only sees their data… rinse and repeat?

Yes you would add that filter option to every tabsheet that you only wanted the logged in user to see only those rows that have their logged-in users email as one of the columns. In other words, all data that you want only the “owner” of that data to see would need to store that users email as one of the pieces of data in that row.

Thanks @George_B :beer::beers::beer:

@George_B, I’m developing a choir app. Eventually, I would like to have 3 different types of access to the app - admin, choir members, and patrons/community. Would I use the same filter options to allow access to certain data in the app, or is there another way to do this?

It may work ok that way depending on what you allow the users of the app to do in the app and now many things you want some people to see vs. not see. It’s a little cumbersome to try and set up groups, that have different access to parts of the app when you are only dealing with a single app. In the past I have mostly opted to create two apps, admin and regular users as in my opinion it’s a lot easier to do. There have been however some great posts and examples by people who have done it with only one app. I have a three tier app I’m working on now that I created 3 separate Glide apps for. They do need to be Pro in my case, because of the number of rows and a buy component need, so there is that limitation if funds are low or non existent.