Generate a URL for a picture

Hello Glide Community,

I am making a travel diary application where user uploads the list of countries and cities they have traveled to. Is there any way I can generate a picture of that country’s flag automatically when they input the name of that country? Through a generate URL column or Template column maybe?

Use a template column to craft this url

4 Likes

Are you a genius or Are you a genius? :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

@Robert_Petitto

This is too much to ask, but can you please get me a similar APIs for:

1. Movies or TV shows
  2. Books
  3. Food items maybe? :blush:

Ha! That’s trickier and probably pricier (those APIs probably aren’t free). Perhaps start with something like https://www.linkpreview.net/

Google books API is freemium…perhaps IMDb has an API as well.

Thank you so much!! I am an amateur in using APIs but will look up some tutorials for using them. Thanks

Just to add to great responses by Bob, if you’re using a premium API, make sure you check for caching with those. If responses are not cached, you risk running out of calls very soon.

2 Likes

Good call on caching. I’ve run Into this issue more times than I’d like to admit.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.