Our app is heavily dependent on Google Script. Prior to Glide, we run an OnFormSubmit trigger. Now, we run OnChange trigger. The question is: which form will create this change, Glide Form or Google Form?
- Naturally much more native to the overall experience for a users who’s already on Glide
- Easier to pass values from parent screen.
- Presumably, less scalable than Google Form. I’ve read several posts here which describe different scenarios in which the Glide Form doesn’t properly trigger that OnChange trigger.
- Assuming multiple users will be submitting the same form at the same time, can handle less traffic?
- Google Forms are (presumably) much more reliable and robust.
- A bit complicated as it requires using pre-filled links with constructed URL.
- Looks a bit out of place in comparison to the over Glide experience / UI. If using web-view, it’s a bit less visible, but still not a native Glide screen.
- There are no dependent questions.
True, on the face of it there are more pros than cons to Glide Forms. Still, I’m not 100% comfortable with letting Glide replace the good-old Google Forms.
What are your thoughts on this? What are your best practices?