Form screen attachment column airtable

Hi there,

I’m having a difficult time figuring out how i can add a new row to a table which i have a collection showing in my app.

I have “Files” table in airtable which is shown in my app, and i’d like to use the action of “new form screen” where the user then can create a new row to that table. I just can’t see the specific columnn for attachments. I have a columnn in the table called “files”, which when i choose a file upload component i can’t see my column from airtable called “files”.

Its for employees to upload their own documents. Help is much appreciated.

What does that Files column look like in the Glide Data Editor?
I’m guessing that Glide is probably interpreting it as an array or something and making it read only.

Do your users need to be able to upload multiple files to the same column?
The usual way to allow this in Glide is to create a Multiple Files column (in the Data Editor), although I believe that when you do that in an Airtable connected table, Glide forces it to be User Specific, which means that the contents won’t sync with Airtable.

Do you need uploaded Files to be available in Airtable?

1 Like

Please see attached.

Users only need to upload ONE file pr. upload.

Yes files need to be in airtable.

Yes, as I suspected Glide sees the column as an array column.
If you only need one file per row, then my suggestion would be to use a Text type column. Glide should allow you to add a file to that.

1 Like

How do i do that? My data is in Airtable and the column type there is “attachment”

Can you try adding a text column in Airtable and sync that column to Glide, then point the file picker to that column?