Form requiring action before submit button is active

My app’s URL: https://iminapp.glideapp.io/

I have a form that does not require any user input but provides optional input for one field. It has 2 hidden fields that do get sent during submission. For whatever reason, the ‘submit’ button is inactive unless the user modifies the optional field. What I want is for the user to pull up the form and submit it immediately as there are no user-input required fields.

Hey @esaghir, welcome!

Can you share some screenshots?

Annotation 2020-06-22 230736

You haven’t set a date in you Date/Time component. That’s why
Once is blank, it won’t be able to submit

Can you try hiding or removing your date entry component temporarily? I would think you could submit since you are including column values. I’m just wondering if it’s being thrown off because you have a single entry component. If it works, maybe you’ll need to add some workaround with another column to hold a checkbox value and use the checkbox to show or hide the date component, or use as a confirmation checkbox. I’m pretty sure you can submit forms with no entry components and only column values, so I would think this should work.

Just to be sure… You do not have the ‘required’ checkbox selected for the date, correct?

1 Like

That doesn’t seem like intuitive design, that field is optional.

Jeff - Yes, the ‘required’ checkbox is indeed unchecked. Thanks for the workaround tip, I’ll try the visibility approach. I do think this is a bug and not acting as intended.

1 Like

Thats why I’d try @Jeff_Hager suggestion

1 Like

I’d agree with you. I’ll need to go back and find it, but I noticed that in one of my apps, a form wouldn’t be able to be submitted unless I filled an optional field. I’ll post when I find it.