Form Creating Duplicate Rows (Whether Using Set Column Values, No Action On Submit, Etc)

I am using an app that will have multiple forms (needs to be multiple because one single form would be way too long).

The first form takes the basic information and creates the user row. The following forms have information to be added to that user row (not all forms are applicable to the user; only applicable forms will appear for the user).

After the initial row is created for the user, I need to update that row with answers from the sequential forms. The problem is, no matter what I do, a duplicate row is added (in addition to updating the row). I have checked every answer in here that I can find and no solution has helped.

I have tried removing the “On Submit” option, and I have tried to use “Set Column Values” as the On Submit action as well. Both add a duplicate row. I do not have an “Add Row” option set anywhere on the form or as a custom action.

What can I do to fix this?

A form will always lead to a new row being added.

I think what you want to do is a “set column” + “show edit screen” option, where you have a “edit type” column to set a value to, and then on your edit screen, show/hide containers based on that value.

Every user who logs in would already have their email added to the User Profiles table, so if you create a new row for them via a form, that would be duplicated.

2 Likes