šŸŽ‰ Filter Inline Lists Using Multi-Select Choice Components!

Thank you for this helpful thread. Was the full tutorial ever shared? I only see the teaser.

Thank you! Is the full tutorial available?

Yes, sorry! I just updated the original post:

excelente muchas gracias esa explicaciĆ³n era la que necesitaba

1 Like

Ā”Estoy contento que te sirva el video!

1 Like

Thanks very much! This was helpful for a Glide app. Iā€™m building a basic directory (for now) using Glide pages. We donā€™t currently require website visitors to log-in. Is there anyway to recreate this using Glide pages and without individual log-ins?

I donā€™t see the ā€œdetailsā€ layout option in Glide pages, so Iā€™m not sure itā€™s even possible.

In Glide Pages, there is no separation of layouts ā€” really, every screen is a details layout, so it works just the same as in the video.

If youā€™re not having users sign in, then instead of using the users sheet, youā€™d create a one-row working table that contains user specific columns. Use this working table as the source of the screen.

1 Like

This is a fantastic tutorial! Thank you.

Iā€™m running into a problem where sometimes the filter count is affected by filters the user did not interact with. Since we set filter column all to true until a filter is selected, the counter on your People table increments even when no filter is applied for that attribute. Therefore, when I have a mix of some filters applied and some filters not applied, those that have no values to apply are still getting added to the count.

For example, letā€™s say your user doesnā€™t select a gender, but does select the other two. Your people table has a Filter array that is including gender as true (in order to still show the results), which then adds it to the counter. This prevents the ā€œnothing to show hereā€ message from showing up because the relation column includes that entry.

I am probably missing something here, but does your example for showing/hiding the message work when not all of the filters are applied? If so, what might I be doing wrong?

Usually i doing like this:
In a row where your choice is writing you need one more column: if choice empty theh join list of all possible values and filter pointing not to choice target but to if column

2 Likes

Thanks! That worked. I added a second IF column for each filter that only checked if the relation had matches and had the Make Array column check those instead to properly get the filter count.

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to build a product recommendation quiz, where I can ask a set of questions, move to another page, ask another question to refine further etc etc.

If I didnā€™t need separate pages, these filters would be perfect.

Is there a way I can implement this over different pages, or even mimic page progression by hiding and revealing?

Orā€¦ is there a much simpler way of creating a product recommendation quiz app ?? :smile:

Thanks in advance :pray:

To do any sort of pagination, you need to use what we call ā€œcustom formsā€. Hereā€™s a decent video on the topic:

1 Like

Thanks Robert!

Appreciate the response.

Will try it out.

:pray: