Filter data not working

Hello all! I am using Glide to pilot a microsite to host user personas. I am having trouble getting “Filter Data” to work. It did work for me a while back but now seems to do nothing, no matter what conditions I enter.

For instance, here I’ve set the filter to only display the record with the Name “Domain Learner” - all the other records should disappear, but nothing happens. I’ve tried this with other fields and other types of fields (i.e. checkbox fields), but no filter has any effect on the display.

Any help would be much appreciated! I’d love for this pilot to be successful so I can justify upgrading our team to a paid plan.

Seems that you are filtering the screen when you should actually be filtering the collection.

4 Likes

Thanks for the help, @Jeff_Hager!

To clarify, is screen filtering possible? I’m confused why the option is there if it has no effect on the current view. I have a use case for multiple filtered views of the same collection, and it’d be nice not to have to duplicate the collection to achieve this.

Not sure if it’s relevant, but I only see the filter option on a screen view when the “Custom” style is selected.

Yes, it is possible, and I can tell that is what you are doing by your screenshot. Your options are indicative of settings specifically for the tab/screen. Not the collection that is on that screen/tab.

Select the collection on in the component panel in the lower left corner of your screen, then after selecting the collection component, look at the options in the right hand panel. You should be setting the filter on the collection. Not the screen.

3 Likes

@Jeff_Hager Thank you! That worked. I appreciate your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.