Favorite bar

Hi
I can’t seem to find in the components the “favorite bar”. In an older app I did on Glide it was easy to implement and now I can’t seem to find it. I just want the little heart that users click on, so each user can choose among a set of photos which one he/she prefers.
So far I have a simple google sheet with images (+name and description) and displayed them on the app as Cards. ca anyone please help to just add the Favorite icon and enable it.
Many thanks

The “Favorites Bar” does not exist in Pages. You can however make a button or Action Row that connects to a USC Boolean Column so users can still favorite photos. Then add a Favorites Tab and display the relation between the user and their favorite photos.

Thank you so much for your answer. Great community
1- how come on another of my apps I have the favorite bar an dthe “heart” option on each photo? I am lost here
2- To make the button or action row as suggested, can you tell me if there is a tutorial somewhere ?

Classic Apps aka the old version had the Favorites Page, but the new Apps does not. Odds are your other app is a Classic App and your current app is built on the new version.

Actually I mis-spoke on my previous post. I believe this way would be easiest to display favorites.

Lets pretend you have a table of Photos that users can “favorite”.

• In this table, create a User Specific Boolean Column named Favorite
  • When you are displaying the photos, most likely in a Details View, just add a Button and use the Action “Set Column” and set the Favorite Column as True.
  • I would use the Empty Heart Icon.
  • This button will have a visibility setting of “Show If Favorite is Empty”

Next:

• You’ll also want another button that also uses the Action “Set Column”, but now Clear the Favorite Column.
  • I would also use the Full Heart Icon.
  • This button will have a visibility setting of “Show If Favorite is True”

Only one of the two buttons will display depending on if a user has already favorited a photo or not. This way a user can unfavor a photo as well and remove it from their Favorites list.

On your Favorites Tab, just display the inline list of all Photos, but with a filter of “Favorite” = True
This will now show only Photos that specific user clicked the favorite button on.

2 Likes

So now I understand? my app was an old classic one indeed !
Let me try your magic !

For some reason the Button doesn’t show up (neither of the two) in the Details view

and strangely enough when I try to update teh Favoriste USC column there is an issue, it doesn’t save the tickmark

Are you using a signed in user to test?

yes

I am not sure I got the “set the Favorite Column as True” part right
can you specify please

Now I managed have the button visible, but clickingon it doesn’t save the Favorite status anywhere

Table with Favorite USC Column:

Button to favor an item:
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 1.46.30 PM

Action:
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 1.46.53 PM

Set Column:
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 1.46.44 PM

Condition:
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 1.47.26 PM

Button when already favored
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 1.49.11 PM

Action:
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 1.47.03 PM

Set Column:
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 1.47.11 PM

Condition:
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 1.47.19 PM

Favorites Tab:

ALl is set exactly like this. Yet when I click nothing happens. As if the button was not taking the action

• when I go in the google sheet I can’t tickmark the photos myself
    I am trying to think what could be the reason that refrains the app from taking the action into consideration

Hmm not 100% sure. Only difference is that mine are in Glide Tables only vs Google Sheets, but I dont think that should matter.

Please record a video of the problem so we can debug it further.