English Dictionary with 163,819 rows!

Wait, @Uzo, are you a convert from Google Sheets to Glide Pages now??? Do you need a thermometer? Or better, let’s go get the bottle of champagne from the fridge :champagne:

Congratulations for the wonderful app and the shootout on Twitter.

1 Like

no… I just wanna prove that I can do anything… turns out, that it makes me create an unbelievable script… that I would never do… unless I’m challenged… (or big $)… I rest on my dictionary app, thinking i did the best… then, I started doing the page’s version… and it was so slow… that makes me angry and motivated… then this reward comes along LOL… so I said to myself… if I’m gonna release a slower version… everybody will just say… yes… just another app that proves nothing about the excitement of seeing something new… so I get back to my drawing board and redo everything… and I was so wrong that I cant improved anymore… really shocked how fast the new version is… I can,t wait to apply those codes to the App version… I know everything will be just instant there!

P.s… And to really answer your question… no, Pages are way… way… way, behind the power of Apps… the bugs, and the constant checking of all views… refreshing editor… lack of CSS… Sorry, not even close, but I will give pages my best, and remain the Apps biggest supporter.

1 Like

Hi, Uzo!
Glad to see you in Glide Pages!
Congratulation for excellent advertising!
You proving Glide to best, Glide proving you to perfect!
Sorry for my English, may be translation is strange!

wow… how did you get that?..
wait… that’s not pages… lol, for a moment you scared me!!! i did not share my new app anywhere yet

You had published link on the screen.
This is mobile view of your pages
Be careful during you publishing screenshots

oh… now I see… you just copy the link from the image… wow… is not finished… but yes… you’re good lol… the script is still getting stocked… but I’m close… is it fast at your end? 80 million characters in Glide?

We trust for you! :wink:

Now is empty I’ll wait for stable public version

just wait… I left my project for tonight with an unfinished script… so it will get stocked… you can refresh the page and it should run smoothly… and I see you are trying it from the Mobile version… desktop is way faster

Desktop just little bit faster, but overall performance like common glide, but we know is ultra.

Hmm… did you see the common Glide app with 160K rows???

Now i see: desktop much more faster.
Some crratch
x

bee aware, I do not have all the English words there… only 160K… English has over a million… so you won’t find all of them there… I just copy and paste some to my Google Spreadsheets for testing purposes

Yes I see Dictionary JSON Performance is common to Glide in Russia. Time to all loading around 4…5sec then db search is 1 or 2 sec

I don’t think you fully understand what this app is doing… but I’m so happy you took the time to try it… I did not apply yet, my new codes to the App version… it will be instant … I have a feeling, it will be instant lol

You app is searching user request in external db, not inside Glide.
You triggering web hook with request. Hook pass it thru GS script and publishing answer in Json
So Glide parse Json
JSON also paged, by request
Isn’t it?

no… my App is loading and converting 160K rows of data… over 80 million characters… that you can instantly access… edit and update inside Glide as you would do with the regular Glide data… you can add new rows… edit them… delete them… search… use them in the math columns or logic columns… in filters… copy them to other glide tables… delete them… and much more

Now is very common explanation, in a past you explain different. May be I’m wrong I’ll check

I know that it looks like a normal Glide App… and this is the biggest compliment for me!!!
it is almost a normal App… but with unlimited rows and updates! :wink:

OK! Despite my English, we understood each other

1 Like