English Dictionary with 163,819 rows!

this is example how to use big numbers of rows in free or paid App… enjoy!
(in this app i’m using 163,819 rows but i can easy add up to 2 millions)

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 12.04.07 AM

13 Likes

please let me know if you can find a bigger data files for dictionary … tnx

Very interesting! How did you do?

1 Like

just updated to a 157,548 (rows) words with descriptions !!! lol… and this is a free App! ;-))))
Search time 5 to 10 seconds. Sometimes is getting stock for glide to populate whole list, but not bad!

1 Like

Curious to know how you implemented the “Go to Top” action?

two lists with visibility condition

1 Like

ah, okay

now i can play scrabble ! LOL… I can’t believe how good this is… no need for PRO Apps… hahahah

This use query on google sheet i think.

Not exactly, but close :wink:

I updated 7k more words, and i think is good enough

1 Like

That is a juicy row count! Interesting :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Well done.

1 Like

thank you! Let me know guys if is working well?

Ok… so this is awesome. I have a Surveyors Dictionary App that has far less rows, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to add the search screen in a way which doesn’t overload my free app. Any chance you could provide a short tutorial?

You have to create a formula that bring only limited amount of results to a sheet where glide takes data from, to populate list, than another function to bring next load of limited results when user click next button. In my app i divided results by 100 at the time, so it will fast load data and not cross 500 rows limit for the free app

2 Likes

When you say “formula” do you mean create an action or multistep action?

Formula in Google sheets, all magic is happening in Google sheets, glide is only displaying results

2 Likes

I think it only works well with display app. Can we edit data

1 Like

You can easily add data the way you would normally do, to edit it… that has to be done by script, so it will be about 5 seconds delay. @administrasi_kitsda… so if a little delay is not a big problem… you can have a free app with up to 5 million rows… but if don’t mind up to 10-15 seconds delays… you can expand the rows limit almost infinitely… by adding more Google sheets and spreadsheets.

1 Like