End Time and Details in Calendar View

I’m creating a conference app and would like to have users select the sessions they would like to join. Some of the sessions overlap times. In the Calendar view, I’d like to display the end time of the event as well as to display the details of the event in order to display the session “track”.

Something like this:

1 Like

You should be able to do that with a formula in the sheet. Give it a try and if you hit a road block ask for further help.

Tips: you will need to have the items in date time order. Write a formula that compares the prior rows’ end time with the current rows start time. If the sessions are somewhat limited you could just do this manually.

We can currently do this now. Here’s how…
Add an extra Summary column within your time list and use Concatenate to join the two times together to create phrase example
[Col A Start] [Col B End] [Summary]
[ 8:00 am] [8:30am] [8:00 am - 8:30 am]

The Formula you would put in the summary column would be something like
=Arrayformula(IF(A2:A="","",A2:A&" "&B2:B))

Then you would select your summary column as the caption or title in your glide app.
Hope this helps

1 Like

You can also use the new template column to do the same thing without a formula.

1 Like

Do these solutions work with the Calendar layout, though? I haven’t been able to get this to work.

Yes, I use formulas in my app to join multiple columns into one column. That new column is what I display in the calendar layout. You are limited to what fits in one line, but it’s a reasonable option. I would love to see some expansion of the calendar layout someday, but for now, these are the only options.

Has anyone had success replicating this in the new advanced conference app? I tried using formulas to join multiple columns but it still only shows the start time, rather than the start-end in the calendar view.

The Calendar view is (currently) limited to 1 line of text. …only shows the start time. If you want to show other information, you’ll need to concatenate it all and display it as the title.

I know.

The calendar view has a lot of potential, but it’s sort of limited at the moment.

@Robert_Petitto @cata very god idea. Has put in a feature request for that in the feature request app. Please vote for it