Email not loggin g in same table-different app after form submission/row update

@Robert_Petitto I am not the best explainer on my upset bug looms lol…but why isn’t the email field on my CX APP(blue one in vid) updating when I change the same field in the same table on my INTERNAL APP(black/gray one in vid)?

@John_Romano it might be an issue with row-owned tables not reloading in the builder.

• Does refreshing the window fix this?
  • Does the issue happen in the live app?

Below is the ADD ROW api from each app/same table (Contacts). The only difference is the appID. Would this restrict one table not getting updated just due to the API not directly hitting the other table? Should I update both apps at once in my make.com flow? Is their some weird internal glide rest thing happening here just because it didn’t happen in one app it wont reflect in the same glide table in the other app…if so that is bad and shouldn’t be engineered like that.

Going back to David’s question, does it change when you refresh that specific tab?

No. Look at this Loom…Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

@david anything???

It does look like a bug to me. If this issue still persists, please get support from within Glide while the app is open by selecting the “?” button at the bottom right. That will bring you to a support page, which currently has an “Open Support Ticket” link.

The problem is that in your Customer App, your Contacts table is also the source of your User Profiles in that App. And Glide will not let you (permanently) change a User Profile email address via the UI. You can do it via the Data Editor, but if you try and do it via the UI then you’ll find that the change will be reverted after a refresh. To get what you want, you need to change the User Profiles configuration in your Customer App.

Here is a short video that may explain better:

1 Like

Thank you very much for taking the time and digging into this! Much appreciated. Let me ask you what would be the implications in my internal app if i turn off the user table?

Your internal app has a different set of users compared to the external app. They should probably be using different user profile tables. The internal app should be using an employee user table whereas the external app would use a customer user table (Contacts). As @Darren_Murphy pointed out, it’s probably the case that you are attempting to change the email of a user profile row. If you change your internal app to have a separate table for internal employees, then the contacts table will no longer be a user profile table and should act as a normal table while using the internal app.

1 Like

@Darren_Murphy nailed it for me and i am so thankful! Thank you also Jeff…this is what we will do! : - )

1 Like