Email from app function stopped working?

What are some reasons emailing through an app (both Email “Buttons” & buttons that have a Compose Email action) would suddenly stop working? Such buttons no longer open up a device’s default email app when clicked. (I have tried multiple browsers.)

you might be using a browser that you are not signed into… or incognito…

1 Like

Fair suggestion - but no, neither is the case in my situation. Signed into & used both Chrome & Edge. No issues before this past week, & I double checked my email address, Subject, & body columns.

I accidentally found an awkward workaround, but it only works on a mobile device - Desktop/Laptop view still has dead Email buttons. The Button element with an Email Action does open an internal black webpage. I then tap the sideways hamburger ( ||| ) that’s part of my Android OS to show the apps I’m running, & select my app from that lost to reactivate it. This allows me to see & tap the three vertical dots that are otherwise hidden by my browser when it’s running in “Installed” Web App mode, giving me the option to open the link in the browser that the Button is supposed to open automatically. Opening the link in the browser in this way does load the default email app & fill in the specified fields.

If you can reproduce the bug in a Loom or Replay.io video, please send it to the support team. Thank you.

https://share.hsforms.com/16jL7NgZYSsW9DinHwTIqZAbvbdc

Has this been resolved?
I am experiencing the exact same issue on one of my apps. When you touch the email component in the app it no longer opens up a mail client. Does not work on either a mobile device or a PC.

I can’t replicate this behaviour on my side, so if you can reproduce that in a video please submit a ticket.

https://share.hsforms.com/16jL7NgZYSsW9DinHwTIqZAbvbdc

I’m satisfied with using my workaround as I only need the platform I’m building to work on mobile devices, but let me know if you’d like me to record a demo of this issue, @JAS .

Thanks for the response. I will be submitting a ticket for support on this issue. I added the email component to my app in January and it had been working fine but I noticed it stopped working a few days ago.

1 Like

I have submitted a ticket, thanks for any help you can provide

1 Like

I submitted a ticket and the issue was fixed for me so maybe it also fixed it for you.