Dual filters

Hi all.

I am creating a menu for a resturant, and the main menu is a Collection with a list of all the meals.
Every meal has a category and I have a filter by category so it’s easy to view only deserts if I want to.

It would be really nice to have another choice to also only show items that i marked as vegan or vegetarian.

I have a column in my Gsheet where I have set the values vegan;vegetarian;meat but how do I present and only show vegan entries from the list.

I have played around with “Choice” and also with additional “filter data” Option, but that seems to filter the showed items for everyone that is viewing the page.

I need like an additional filter on top of the food category.

Can this be done?

Maybe i can concatenate the category and Vegan column inteo a new column and set the filter on that, but I have not got that working.

Cheers Måns

Yes you can totally do it by:
Adding a new user specific column
Then Adding a choice component with the categories and writing them to the user specific column
Last step adding a filter in the list of restaurants with Category (which is your restaurants category) is Screen > The user specific column that you made.
This will only show you the list of category which you have selected in the choice component.
Note: User specific column will help you filter to each user differently.

@manthe

1 Like

Many THX for the reply :slight_smile:

But…
I am not using “user specific data” for may page.
It is a public page with no login requirements.

I don’t want any users to create an account just to view the menu.

What to do then?

Many THX for the reply @Rosewebstudio :slight_smile:

I am not using “user specific data” for may page.
It is a public page with no login requirements.

I don’t want any users to create an account just to view the menu.

What to do then?

Found in the forum by @Jeff_Hager
“Public apps will only hold user specific column values until the app is restarted. There is is no user to attach them to in the glide database, so they are only temporarily stored locally on the device.”

1 Like

THX David, but it does not help me.

If I try to use “user” data in my columns the “Column is user specific” is grayed out, so I cannot use it even if I want to.

You cannot change an existing field to User Specific – you must add a new field.

Hi Manthe,

Not sure why it is grayed out but you can use multiple filters

I am using 3 levels of filters, you can technically do more

You need 2 choice buttons

1. categories [starter, appetizer, main, dessert, drinks] → categUSC
  2. vegan [meat, vegan, vegetarian] → veganUSC

both of them to need to point to their own USC

Then I assume you have a table called menuItems with all the products and a column called category and another called vegan

Lets say you are using an inline list to show the menu items

Then in the options of the inline list you need to add in a filtere
where category [is equal to] categUSC (then add another filter AND)
where vegan [is equal to] veganUSC

2 Likes

THX so much for this.

I actually added a separate custom filter to not show items containing food containing specific allergenic stuff on top of vegan or vegetarian stuff.

So I can just click a button if I am allergic to peanuts, and no food containing peanuts will show in the list :slight_smile:
I love Glide!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.