Drip Content

Hi, is there a way to set up content to be drip feed to a user? I’m wanting to deliver a new training video of a course every 7 days after the users joining date. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, that’s quite possible. Here is one way.

Assuming that you have all your videos in a table called “Videos”, arranged in a single column.

• Add a Number column to that table, and populate it with the numbers 7, 14, 21, 28, etc… (let’s call that column “Delay”
  • Add a template column, and populate that with the email address of the currently signed in user
  • Create a single relation, joining that template column to your Users table (email address)
  • Create a Single Value column that pulls the Users join date via that single relation
  • Create a math column that calculates the number of days since the User joined (let’s call that “Days Since Joined”:
    • Now - Join Date
  • Now create an if-then-else column:
    • If “Days Since Joined” greater than “Delay”, then true
    • Else blank

Now you can present your Videos in an Inline List, and filter where that last column is true

Edit: Actually, I just realised that Now - Join Date will give you a date (not a number), so you need to do that slightly differently…

• Your math column should instead add the “Delay” to the “Joined Date”. This will give you the date on which each video should become visible
  • And so your if-then-else column should then compare that date to the current date (Now)
7 Likes

Thanks, Darren. Much appreciated. I’m new to Glide so I’m not entirely sure how to complete all those steps, are there any specific training resources/docs you can suggest that would enable me to accomplish this? Thanks again!

I’d make a demo for you, but I don’t really have time right now - sorry.
Here are some recommended reading/study resources:

4 Likes

Brilliant, thanks, Darren, I’ll go through those.

Have you found out the way to do this? If you have any questions feel free to let us know.

Thanks, @ThinhDinh. I working through the tutorials, I’ll reach out if I get stuck, :+1:

1 Like