Hi, is there a way to set up content to be drip feed to a user? I’m wanting to deliver a new training video of a course every 7 days after the users joining date. Thanks!
Yes, that’s quite possible. Here is one way.
Assuming that you have all your videos in a table called “Videos”, arranged in a single column.
- Add a Number column to that table, and populate it with the numbers 7, 14, 21, 28, etc… (let’s call that column “Delay”
- Add a template column, and populate that with the email address of the currently signed in user
- Create a single relation, joining that template column to your Users table (email address)
- Create a Single Value column that pulls the Users join date via that single relation
- Create a math column that calculates the number of days since the User joined (let’s call that “Days Since Joined”:
Now - Join Date
- Now create an if-then-else column:
- If “Days Since Joined” greater than “Delay”, then true
- Else blank
Now you can present your Videos in an Inline List, and filter where that last column is true
Edit: Actually, I just realised that
Now - Join Date will give you a date (not a number), so you need to do that slightly differently…
- Your math column should instead add the “Delay” to the “Joined Date”. This will give you the date on which each video should become visible
- And so your if-then-else column should then compare that date to the current date (Now)
Thanks, Darren. Much appreciated. I’m new to Glide so I’m not entirely sure how to complete all those steps, are there any specific training resources/docs you can suggest that would enable me to accomplish this? Thanks again!
I’d make a demo for you, but I don’t really have time right now - sorry.
Here are some recommended reading/study resources:
Brilliant, thanks, Darren, I’ll go through those.
Have you found out the way to do this? If you have any questions feel free to let us know.
Thanks, @ThinhDinh. I working through the tutorials, I’ll reach out if I get stuck,