Distance column officially available

Hola @ThinhDinh

If you use coordinates, you can use more than 10 map pins on your free APP. Here is my test:

Saludos

2 Likes

Is there a limit on this? Thanks a lot!!

Love it! Very useful for map & distance centric for sure :+1:

Two user-specific columns feeding two single value columns and one distance column allows me to filter 15000 addresses to those that are within a x-mile radius.

5 Likes

Hi Robert. Any chance of seeing the sheet & app structure behind how you did this?

Thanks

Here’s how!

13 Likes

That’s great. Thanks Robert. That’s all clear.
Out of interest where did you get your base data from for the list of clinics?
Thanks

Client had entered them. I surely didn’t import them :wink:

1 Like

@Robert_Petitto How did you use 15,000 addresses when the limit is 1,000 map pins? Your help would be really appreciated.

I’m never displaying all pins at once!

@Robert_Petitto
I have a similar list of places (E.g. place names and addresses) and, when looking at the details of one specific location I want to be able to add an in-line list that also shows ‘nearby’ places, where the other ‘nearby’ places are from the same list. For instance filter the in-line list of nearby places to within 4Km of the address of the place details being show.
Do you know how I could go about this? Is it a relation to itself and then pull in addresses and have a distance column? I have tried this but can’t work out how to do the relation part!

1 Like

Thank you Robert for your great video, it really helped.

From my experience the zip code needs not to be in the same table because the Single Value function can also work with values from other tables.

I’ve also realised, that if you want to calculate a distance with 4-digit zip codes (as we have them in Austria), the calculated values are wrong, but it works great if you add a city name to the zip code.

That will be the case since many other countries use 4-digit ZIP codes (Australia, New Zealand, etc.)

I think if you just append the country name to the ZIP code, you will get a lot more accurate measure of the distances.

3 Likes

Excel has a way of interpreting zip codes into coordinates as well as states, counties, countries, cities, etc. just put the list in excel and click the geography button as the column is highlighted and it will do the rest.

2 Likes

For this to work, does the user have to enter some kind of location information, zipcode, address, etc? Or can it just take the person’s location from their phone’s GPS.
I would like to create an inline list that shows locations that are nearby without the user having to enter anything. Thanks!

1 Like

Current location is one of the options in the column settings. It uses the GPS if the user allows the app to have access.

1 Like

@Jen_NYCP

City guide app

1 Like

Yes!! Omg this looks so good :grinning:

1 Like

I assume that the Distance to Location feature is calculating the distance as the crow flies. If so, is there a way to calculate travel distance (i.e. along roads)?

Good question