Display a count of records in filtered list

Hi
I have a sales ordering app for internal staff to browse and order the company’s product catalogue. As part of the packing and fulfilment process, I want to show orders based on packing status “Packed” V “Not Packed”.
The filtered list is working fine.
I would like to show the packing staff a dynamic record count above the list so if they filter on:
All → shows 100/100 orders
Packed → shows 25/100 orders
To Pack → shows 75/100 orders

Possible?

Hi @mwza
Your number 100 is meant as a total number of orders or a percentage?
I assume as the total order.
Add one rollup computed column for packed and another for Not Packed. Then use the math column to add the two together.
You can use the template column to set how it is written, for example, P/total order or NP/Total.

It’s not possible if you’re using the standard search bar with an inline list to filter records.

But it is possible if you create your own dynamic filter with a combination of user specific columns, templates and relations.

The key is to use a relation as a source for the inline list that updates dynamically as the user selects filtering options. You can then add a rollup column that does a count of filtered records through that relation.

1 Like

Thank you both @Himaladin and @Darren_Murphy for suggestions!

I have created a progress chart based on simple calculations described - packed as % of total orders - which is the same for everyone all the time.

The filter linked “counter” i will need to work on - thanks for suggestions re how to go about.

1 Like

I’d like to do this too! But, I’m having trouble visualizing your instructions. Able to show an example? I’m not sure how to set up the relation and rollup. Thanks!

Take a look at the below. It doesn’t use relations, but in my view it’s a better approach.
To get dynamic counts, all you would need is a rollup on the final if-then-else column.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. This works for some use cases, but I too +1 this feature because there is inevitably another use case where this doesn’t help. If I could move the Menu pages above the non-menu pages, even that would help with this problem, but that’s not doable either.

It just so happens that the only two pages I have are one where it uses logic like you’re saying for the profile and it skips that page, but the other is a form I want available by it’s slug for anyone who knows it to be able to get to it. However when using the app it doesn’t make sense, so it’s not in the menu and I don’t want it to be the landing page! What do I do? duplicate the home page? One in the menu and one not in the menu? I guess that could work but this feature would be better! :upside_down_face:

Can you explain why “menu pages” and “non-menu pages” matters in this case? I haven’t watched Darren’s video in full, but I thought the only thing you need is a list of entry components for filtering?