Delete Glide columns

I am trying to clean up my glide database and I want to delete some columns. Unfortunately, so columns do not give me the option to delete them. How do you delete columns?

Go into the google sheet and delete them

4 Likes

As @Rosewebstudio has pointed out, it’s likely you have created columns that are brought over to the Sheet as well, so go to your original sheet, find them and delete it.

1 Like

Thanks

Thanks!

1 Like

My columns in glideapps are not deleting although they are not in my spreadsheet. How do I delete the column? It’s like if the column is added from the glideapp database, it doesn’t sync to my spreadsheet, therefore leaving a floating and useless column. Please help

What type of column is that?

It’s an If, then, else statement column

It is a Glide calculated column so it only lives inside Glide’s editor. By clicking on the down arrow you can delete it.

1 Like

@OndieM @ThinhDinh

I’ve noticed a big delay in deleting computed columns. Like, I delete a template column and it deletes 15 seconds later. Perhaps this is the issue you’re facing

Also, since we already have the ability to add basic columns, I think we deserve the option to delete them :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I think there’s a technical limitation with the Google Sheets API, like how the delete action was only able to clear the value and not really delete the row. I assume this is the same thing.

2 Likes

Lol…

Does glide count the column if it has no label?

It will always have a label. If it has no label in your sheet I assume Glide will name it “columnX”, something like that.

1 Like

yeah I’m not so sure I would want this. Especially as there’s no delete confirmation (“Are you sure?”) in the editor. Too easy to accidentally delete the wrong column. I think I prefer that it’s a forced deliberate action - ie. go to the sheet and do it.

1 Like

I think the delete option should only be available in the editor as part of an action we create not a end user option. I think thats what Pablo is saying here.

1 Like

That too!