šŸ†• Deep Links

Yes, looks like it works like a tab.

A link to screen button on the promotions page displays the link the the app itself. Hopefully it will change down the line.

Thanks!

1 Like

+1

1 Like

I would love this. There is a way for Android but not Apple.
Images you can long-press to share on Android.

Hi Brice. Were you able to disable Glide title in deep links? I have the same issue (quite unfair since we are both paying Pro customers). Please let me know.

1 Like

Iā€™m afraid, only Glide Team can do it.

1 Like

Would you agree that our request has merits of having its own ā€œbugsā€ thread? Iā€™ve just started one: Deep links - Glide branding in Pro app

1 Like

Deep link is not available when getting to details screen from inline list?
Same for a screen which is details screen in dedicated tab like profile for example?

@Mark @david
Appreciate your input in this.

Detail screens from Inline List should work, if youā€™re using ā€œView Detailsā€.

Top-level screens donā€™t have deep links (yet).

6 Likes

@Mark I love it when you say ā€œyetā€ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Do you have Row IDā€™s in your sheet?

2 Likes

It was weird, it didnā€™t work but then I changed the link if the app and re changed it back and it worked.

Yetā€¦ Is good thing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes, see my answer to mark. Was weird thing.

1 Like

My desire for deep links:

So @Mark, I found something which Iā€™m not sure if this is a bug or the expected behavior.
this is the scenario:
i have a pgae which all users can see (meeting setting appointment page).
when I get to the page from a page that unauthorized user canā€™t see the link is not working and the user is being thrown to a page he can view (home screen) but when I get to the page and take the deep link from a page all users can view (no visibility limitations) ut works ok and the un-authorized user can access the details page.

1. it seems that a detail page has different links pending on the page you arrived from which is wrong behavior to my point of view as each page should have only one link.
  2. when you click a link from outside the system it looks like the link is opening the list page briefly and only then the details screen you want which again shouldnā€™t be working like this to my view of course (or expectation to be more accurate).

see the video for the better understanding.

thanks,
Yinon

Those are definitely different links, which means different data is encoded inside the link. Iā€™m guessing part of it is to tell glide which tab to navigate to, then which list item in that tab to open.

I think there is a lot to the inner workings of that link that we donā€™t know or realize. I suppose that since the tab is hidden, glide canā€™t complete the navigation into the list item of that tab and just defaults to the first tab. I also suppose that glide is building the link in a way that will take you to the correct tab that you shared the information from. Imagine if you had 5 tabs with the same list on each of them, and you shared an item from the third tab. Which tab would you expect the deep link to open?

1 Like

I understand your point but I would like to be able to get to the details page directly and that glide will take me back to a screen I can view if I hit the back button and not block the way to the page.

But, I did find a workaround which is not pretty but works.
I guess Iā€™ll have to wait for glide to have a deep link to the top level details screen and then my problem will be over in this app all together :smiley:

2 Likes

I believe in actions there is the ability to set a column value with the deep link. I suppose you could try setting it up to set the column value with the deep link through some action like adding a row or editing or something like that, but it might be more work and a pain than itā€™s worth. Then you could share the column value that was set earlier with the deep link instead of directly sharing the deep link. Not sure how well that would all work though.

I actually did that but the problem is that you can do this only after a page is created and youā€™re in it, second problem is that if I click this button from the editor then the link is set to the editor and not the real deep link.
I guess I can set a condition that if the cell is not empty to write the link otherwise no.
Will try and let you know

3 Likes

Has the deep link with actions ever worked in real apps? It gives me the editor link inside the editor and doesnā€™t work in real app last time I tried.

1 Like

Yes, it works ok with some limitations. Will try to record a screen for you later to see

1 Like