Date Format is changed when shown at table and when through relation

Hello everyone,
i have a date type column set to show medium date format, when i look up the same column from a relation, it shows different format.
the image below shows the column at its table, and the second one show the format from the relation

Reply Date

Reply Dates from relation
i want to be able to keep the medium format.

Second Question Please,
i opened the CRM template to see the experts work,

they show a column i don’t know it and i want to use its functionality, Image below:

Kindly How can i solve both issues?

Date formatting is only on the surface. That long ugly date timestamp you see is what’s actually stored in the table. Using dates can be tricky because the format can appear differently depending on the country and language settings of each user’s device.

One trick is to use a Template column to “lock in” the selected format. Just create a Template column, give it a value, such as ‘D’ or ‘Date’ and set a replacement that replaces it with the date column value. Then you can change your lookup column to use that template column value.

Also, looking at your screenshots, it appears that you may not need the Lookup column. Your Single Value column can directly pull the last date template value from the relation.

To answer your second question, what you are showing is an Experimental Code column. That allows code that is hosted on a different site to be used to send and receive data from that code. That is usually some code that was created by another user, so trusting the user that created it is important. However, there is an existing column type (plug-in) under ‘Date & Time → Relative Time’ that you can use to get the same kind of result. Just be warned that some of those date related plugins don’t play well with dates that are not formatted in US formats. That could be why you are seeing an experimental code column with custom code. Maybe someone created a version that works better, or works how the original author of that code wrote it. It’s hard for me to tell since I can’t see the entire url. If you want to continue to use that experimental code column in a different app, then you can just copy the url to a newly created experimental code column.

3 Likes

I do this. I usually call it something like date_string to remind me that it’s of type string and not date. You’ll also see this ugliness in if-then-else columns if the results of your conditions of are different types.

3 Likes

really i am impressed by your clear detailed reply. i don’t know how to thank you. i respect your kind clarity in explaining the bros and cons of using such experimental column and url.
i will do as you said exactly.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Robert_Petitto , i didn’t face the case of if-then-else yet, but i think i will do soon when i start engraving a filter “from date” “to date”.

Really thank you for your respected reply

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.