CSS MessageBox

When you click Cool the pop up and blur dissapear?

Yes, you have to play with the visibility of the button and the richtext to make the blur and the box disappear.

1 Like

:star_struck: Amazing!

I made a slight adjustment to the Blurry Box:

<a style="top:180px;">
<div style="
position:fixed;
top:0px;
left:-5%;
margin: 0%; 
padding:100%;
background-color: rgb(0 0 0 / 70%); 
backdrop-filter: blur(4px);"></style></div></a>

12 Likes

Great work! I have the habit of bookmarking specific comments but with constant beautiful updates like this I should just bookmark the whole thread haha.

5 Likes

But, you know… only when Jeff bookmarks something, Glide ask him “do you want to save the whole thread or this item only?”

“Whole thread”

“Perfect! Would you like I add this code now directly in your [app name] and get you a cold beer?”

“Sure!”

:mage::beers:

3 Likes

Correction:. I bookmark the entire forum and all my apps are automatically updated. :wink:

6 Likes

Yall brain was like

5 Likes

That’s disappointing. I would have assumed that the forum bookmarked all your posts :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Users experiencing an issue with visibility conditions on this message box. Whenever the app opens anew, the box appears briefly (visibility conditions not triggering until after the screen loads).

This allows my users to claim more coins than their daily allotment.

Any ideas? @Jeff_Hager @ThinhDinh

:point_up_2: I guess a “Wait” or “Delay” action would be kinda nice right about now…how the app would determine when to activate said action is beyond me…I just went through this thread and my brain feels like it’s just ingested 5 espressos :exploding_head::nerd_face:

How does the button work, may I ask? Like how do you add an action to it? And are those {variables}?

It appears for 1 millisecond and desapears :thinking:
What are the visibility conditions Bob?

Yeah, might help to see and understand the conditions. My first thought would be to account for blank or zero, which may be the initial value that it see’s for that split second, before the data is finished loading or calculating.

2 Likes

Ya, it’s looking at a user specific timestamp column. If within today or if empty, then show.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s somehow related, but I used a modal setup for an app a long time ago, also based on a user-specific column. In my case, the modal always show up at the start of a new session and only when the user interacts to “close” it then it will go away.

2 Likes

If you could somehow eliminate empty as a potential visibility option, then I think that would take care of it. I think it’s that short delay when data is loading or calculating that causes it to display momentarily.

If I build in the condition as part of an if then else in the GDE and not part of the component do you think that could work?

Yeah…didn’t work. I did a “if claimed is within today, then 0, else 1” and then showed only when 1. Still appears for a split second.

What’s supposed to happen?
Should it load and stick, or not show at all?
I guess that depends on the condition, but which part is going wrong?
ie. is it not sticking when it’s supposed to stick, or is it flashing when it shouldn’t appear at all?

not show at all if timestamp is within today (they already claimed the daily coins).