Critical Issue - App Outage - Login timing out for all my apps in Northeast US

I have a lot of empathy for the glide team. I’m sure this is everyone’s worst nightmare and I understand how you feel, I feel the same way because I have a new customer literally setting up their environment right now when this happened. I told her, do you know how many times Instagram and Facebook went down in the last 12 months? And they are really well-established companies. That made her feel better. :grin: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your patience. We’re all-hands-on-deck investigating now.

1 Like

It seems local to one of our data centers. We’re investigating.

1 Like

Same issue here. Located in the NE. I can resolve my URL and ping the IP it resolves to at:

Maybe a load balancer that’s going haywire?

1 Like

Both of my apps are back up. :pray:t3:

Apologies again. The issue is mitigated for now, but we have an underlying cloud infrastructure bug that, if not fixed, will cause this problem to reappear sporadically. We will be spending the weekend working on this. I can’t promise that it’ll be fixed by Monday, but we’ll be a big step closer.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update Mark, I can get ahead of this with my users/customers now and they’ll be much more understanding! :relaxed:

I don’t know if everyone remembers, but Instagram had recurring problem in 2019…they went down so often and for LOOOOONG periods of time, and yet they have been around forever and have a million devs. :grin:

Good luck to Glide team getting this resolved and thank you for working over the weekend to make progress. Although I suspect that’s a regular thing for you guys! :upside_down_face:

@Mark One question, do you want outages to continue being reported here or do you want to just update us when the issue is fully resolved?

2 Likes

Yes, please report outages.

1 Like

One of my apps is down again today.

Only one? Which one, and same symptoms?

1 Like

It was app.theseekr.com but now it’s back up. Same symptoms - not sure how long the app was down but wasn’t long. Same yesterday evening but seems like the app is down for short periods of time sporadically. I keep the installed app open on my desktop and that’s another way it comes to my attention when it’s down (screen just goes blank white).

I am also having same issue start this morning

having issues just now! complaints with users in northeast…

Issues ongoing with my pro app since last week
On and off sporadically throughout the day
This is the error screen I get
Both in my browser and on the bookmarked app.
Any update on offline access to apps?
This would help tremendously

My app is at https://stingerpro.glideapp.io/

Where are you geographically?

In Atlanta GA

Iv been having a lot of people using my app having the same problems for days now.

@Mark, my app is down

1 Like

@AyS_0908 Where are you, geographically?