🚨 February 17, 2021 Outage | Tracking thread

Hello everyone,

It looks like we are all facing some strange bugs with Glide now. In order to keep everything organised as much as possible, I suggest you to write down here all your reported bugs related to the new Connections bug . This will help the developers to get all the informations required easily.

Reported bugs :arrow_down:

Reported staff messages :arrow_down:

Last Update :arrow_down:

This issue looks to be now be solved.* :tada:

If you are experiencing any issues, please first try restarting the app and the builder. If this doesn’t work, I recommend you to contact the glide support team in the Glide Outage | Tracking thread topic for more help. BEFORE mailing the support team

Thank you to everyone for your patience. Thank you also to the incredible Glide team as they worked hard through these issues today. They have earned a little :heart: from me !

* according to posts made by Glide Team

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-

Updates:

• 21:43Z - First user reporting an issue with login
  • 21:53Z - Statment by @Jason There is an outage ongoing. We are in an emergency call already addressing it.
  • 21:54Z - Glide is aware of the issue and is actively investigating
  • 21:54Z - Announcement by Glide : Glide is currently experiencing an outage, we are currently investigating the problem and deploying mitigations.
  • 22:25Z - Announcement by @Jason `Your apps should be working, builder is still down
  • 22:45Z - Statement by @david : This is not a bug on our end. It’s Google not selling us more service as Glide grows. We are on call with Google to get our limits raised.
  • 23:06Z - Statement by @Jason :
- The reason we had a dead cat bounce was the caches eventually invalidated
- Sign in with google will still be down for a while, regular email auth will work
- We now have a working solution for apps for everything while we work with GCP being weird
  • 23:14Z - Statement by @Jason : If you are sitll having issue accessing your app after refreshing please post in here. Please note builder access is still restricted (down)
  • 00:00Z - Statement by @Jason : **We believe Google has restored our compute quota and we are up and running again, full stop. Glide should be fully functional again. Please continue to report issues if you continue to have them. A full refresh may be required in some cases. Further there will likely be a blip later tonight, we will time it for off peak hours when we switch off the temporary infrastructure. Hopefully it will be unnoticed by everyone but there may be a couple seconds of weirdness.**
1 Like

`

You may add your issues down below or add them in the wiki :slight_smile: & Adding informations in the timeline may help other users dealing with the same issue.

`

TIMELINE :arrow_down:
Updates:

• 21:43Z - First user reporting an issue with login
  • 21:53Z - Statment by @Jason There is an outage ongoing. We are in an emergency call already addressing it.
  • 21:54Z - Glide is aware of the issue and is actively investigating
  • 21:54Z - Announcement by Glide : Glide is currently experiencing an outage, we are currently investigating the problem and deploying mitigations.
  • 22:25Z - Announcement by @Jason `Your apps should be working, builder is still down
  • 22:45Z - Statement by @david : This is not a bug on our end. It’s Google not selling us more service as Glide grows. We are on call with Google to get our limits raised.
  • 23:06Z - Statement by @Jason :
- The reason we had a dead cat bounce was the caches eventually invalidated
- Sign in with google will still be down for a while, regular email auth will work
- We now have a working solution for apps for everything while we work with GCP being weird
  • 23:14Z - Statement by @Jason : `If you are sitll having issue accessing your app after refreshing please post in here. Please note builder access is still restricted (down)
  • 00:00Z - Statement by @Jason : **We believe Google has restored our compute quota and we are up and running again, full stop. Glide should be fully functional again. Please continue to report issues if you continue to have them. A full refresh may be required in some cases. Further there will likely be a blip later tonight, we will time it for off peak hours when we switch off the temporary infrastructure. Hopefully it will be unnoticed by everyone but there may be a couple seconds of weirdness.**

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Last Update :arrow_down:

This issue looks to be now be solved.* :tada:

If you are experiencing any issues, please first try restarting the app and the builder. If this doesn’t work, I recommend you to contact the glide support team in the Glide Outage | Tracking thread topic for more help. BEFORE mailing the support team

Thank you to everyone for your patience. Thank you also to the incredible Glide team as they worked hard through these issues today. They have earned a little :heart: from me !

* according to posts made by Glide Team

I think it’s server wide. I cannot log into Glide, no one can log into an app. Apps won’t reload.

5 Likes

@AymenM

Just added siren emojis to the title, it makes it stand out more :smiley: Hope you don’t mind

1 Like

NEW UPDATE :arrow_down:

According to @Jason β€˜s post it looks like the issue is known to the team and that they’re working ASAP on a fix.

https://community.glideapps.com/t/glide-connection-issues/23022/6?u=aymenm

1 Like

Thanks @Pablo_books for your help! Much appreciated.

1 Like

Good, good to hear. I literally just rolled out a feature that replaces a multi-million dollar app and if they don’t have confidence in it I’m screwed…

2 Likes

I built this app https://thenextup.com/ into my companion app for the staff and today we rolled it out to the 3rd location. When I say built I built it from scratch.

1 Like

Hope you’ll be fine. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Statuts shows major issues affecting Glide. Expect some serious delays/issues.

https://community.glideapps.com/t/status-glideapps-com/23028?u=aymenm

Me too. It’s 3k+ lines of google script and about 300 hrs of glide pages and design…:frowning:

Last post by Glide :

[Investigating]
Glide is currently experiencing an outage, we are currently investigating the problem and deploying mitigations.

I cannot sign in with Google. I received the following message

"There’s a problem
Could not getAccessTokenForCurrentFirebaseUser in signIn"

They are working on it.

All my zaps stopper working!!! Webhooks are not catching the info!!! BAD TIMES!

1 Like

Lol, I put in the wrong website.

1 Like

Pablo Glide isn’t communicating with anything currently. My New app feature I added is almost all java so it still runs…lmao

1 Like

Our customers can not sign into the App. Nor can we. Receiving the following message…

" There’s a problem
Could not getAccessTokenForCurrentFirebaseUser in signIn"

Terrible times!!!

1 Like

Shannon, explain to them that some unexpected mandatory maintenance has to occur to optimize the system and you will have it back online for them within the hour.:slight_smile:

1 Like