Copy relations when using ARRAYFORMULA

Hey,

I saw Jeff using this function to use the same data for a different view with different components.
Seems like I have to copy all the relations and lookups manually from the other sheet.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Leon, can you point us to the specific post that Jeff used that, and describe more about your use case as well.

1 Like

No you aren’t doing anything wrong. In that case it’s a new sheet, so yes, you would have to recreate any Glide relation and lookup columns for the new sheet that you had in the old sheet.

So maybe its better to use the old sheet?

Or its a must? because if not, glide will copy the same components and if i edit it will change in the other view was connect to this sheet?(one view per sheet)

Thanks Jeff!!!

Like I always say, detail layouts are tied to sheets and each sheet can have it’s own layout. If you need to view the same data in different ways, then you need different sheets. The only exception to that rule is the very top level of a tab or Link to Screen action. In that case, a detail layout can be unique, but only at that top level. If you are drilling down into a list, then the details layout from that list item is shared across the app. It all comes down to your specific scenario and what you need.

Just keep in mind that if you do copy the sheet, you will not be able to edit it.