Duplicate a Component to Another Tab/Screen

@Francois1 we already can do it! :pray:t3:

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/guides/quick-starts/getting-started/what-are-components

Yep @Lucas_Pires you’re right and it’s very useful. But from my experience it would be great to allow copy/paste from different layout (inline list for example that you want to displayed from different tab/layout or even more the same form that you want to access from different touch point of the app). Especially with complex form (I mean with a lot of visibility condition) it’s time consuming.

5 Likes

Yes, should be great

Yes, exactly what @PlanetZero said :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be great!

1 Like

I actually had a post regarding ability to copy form - not sure if this is on radar of development !

2 Likes

We need to be able to copy a component from one tab to another

1 Like

Should be amazing

Would like to bump this up. It’s super annoying to have to recreate the same component or form multiple times.
Use case: If you decide you want to move a component from one tab to another, your only option is to delete the existing component and rebuilt it from scratch on the next tab. If you change your mind, you have to do it again. :sweat:

1 Like

And to be able to duplicate entire tabs.
This is my dream:

3 Likes

That’s a great use case! Then you can test out different layouts of the same tab and hide the versions you’re not using or want to use later! :ok_hand:

I agree…especially when you have compound actions or link to screens attached to buttons and have to build out an entire SCREEN all over again.

In due time I’m sure.

4 Likes

Beside a better copy functionality I would like a group component where I can group some child components and set the visibility settings in the group container for the childs.

I often did the same settings for multiple components.

Or to group checkboxes and allow only one to be true would also be great.

Optional group title, collapse function… Diffrent styles…

4 Likes

:pray::pray::pray:

+1 for the copy tab. When you link to another screen, it would be a real time saver to not have to build your screen from scratch, especially if it has a lot of components e.g. inline lists etc…

1 Like

Yes!!!

I am tired of having to manually recreate tables… This would be really helpful! Also, +1 for copy&paste behavior.

bump up. I share the frustration.
I am new, created a list page, and would like to copy the settings of that list page to a menu tab.
so basically copy and existing page settings then paste it instead of starting from scratch.

Such a useful feature it could be and so many people interested… Yet no reaction?:frowning:

1 Like

This is a much needed feature!

Duplicating tabs is now possible ! :tada: