Container background color

Hi,
how do I change a container’s background component? I have added a rich text inside a hero container and was able to apply background to the text (in h2), but not the container

Thanks.
F.

CSS is not allowed in Pages. Only in Apps.

The only options are what’s available for the Background setting in the Container Settings. If you want a different color background, then you could probably use an image of a color.

2 Likes

That’s a great suggestion @Jeff_Hager. Can I also use SVG images?

Hmm, I’m not sure about SVG. I think people have had mixed results with them. Wouldn’t hurt to at least try it. Otherwise I’ve just used some stock unsplash images as backgrounds for card or tile images. You can search unsplash directly from the image column in the data editor.

1 Like

I haven’t tried images in container backgrounds, but if all you want is to change the color, one idea would be to try to put a 1x1 pixel image in that color. I think I’d try png or jpg. In the past I noticed that svg is supported in some components and not others (but I cannot recall which ones exactly).

1 Like

Jeff I guess Glide allowed them now? :eyes:

1 Like

Yes, in a limited capacity, but only for business plans. I believe it’s a slightly different process compared to using rich text components where you can apply it directly in the component settings. I’ve never experienced it, so I don’t know how it works exactly.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it works that way considering there’s a specific text box in the component settings for it. You should still not be able to apply CSS through a rich text component in pages.

2 Likes