Connecting Sizes to Shirts and Connecting to Different Store Locations and Currencies

Hey guys,

I have come across a complex merchandise set up for my Glide App and maybe I am over thinking it.

Each Clothing Piece added —> Multiple Sizes
Multiple Sizes —> Multiple Sales
Sales → Attached to location of store sold at and sizes sold and date sold (Date / Location and Sizes are important elements)

Overall, I want all this data to be tied in. If I click a Size Large Shirt → I want it to pull the stores where all that shirt has been sold. Not sure how am I supposed to set the tables up in Glide or Google Sheets in order to perform this? Any help would be appreciated if someone has done multi table linking before.

So did you have a question?

Trying to setup the tables in a way where they are interconnected. Not sure if I should start by setting up the shirt table first with the sizes and create a Unique Identifier like SH01S (Shirt 01 Small) and SH01M (Shirt 01 Medium) and then how do I attach these shirts to the store address it is being sold out.

You probably want separate tables for each of the following:

• Stores
  • Items/Garments
  • Sizes
  • Sales

In your Items table you could have an Item name (eg. Shirt) and then a column with a list of sizes (eg. S,M,L). You could use a Split Text column to coerce that into an array, and then relate it to your sizes table. That could then be used as a filter condition when presenting a list of sizes for any given item.

You’re probably going to want to have multiple rows per sale in your Sales table, and tie these together with a SalesID or OrderID. Each row would contain an OrderID, ItemID, Size, StoreID, Date, price, etc.

To find out what was sold at each Store you could create a multiple relation in your Stores table that matches the StoreID with the StoreID in your Sales table.

Does that help to get you started?

2 Likes

Lets see if I am a staff member in a store in Alaksa, and I upload a tshirt through the Glide App, the t shirt upload will include:
DESIGN #
PRICE
CURRENCY

Now this table should create another entry in another table for the sizes of the inventory – This new design should create a new line item in the INVENTORY table with the sizes listed in each column with inventory count?

OK thanks, I tried what you said and was able to wipe out an entire table. Merging Sizes and the inventory in the same table as adding the product.

Only issue is that while adding a new product (tshirt) with assorted sizing - the SKU ID numbers need to be created - or do they?

Does the SKU ID have to be some sort of readable ID, or can it just be the native rowID?

Preferably easily copyable that goes into the Shopify system. I want to integrate Shopify / Square system data along with Glide, so hoping to use the same SKU #.