Connect a row to an owner

Hello ,

I’m new on Glide. There are not many resources in French available so I try to get some information in English (when I understand what I read^^).

Despite my research, I have trouble understanding some basics.

On my test application, I have a tab to view and add classified ads.

When a user clicks on an ad, they are taken to the ad details. No problem for the moment.

Once on the detail of the ad, I would like to display the profile of the owner of the ad a bit like this (picture, name, button to contact him, etc.)

https://www.leboncoin.fr/locations/2076648046.htm

=> The goal would be that a user interested in the ad can contact (by mail or phone) the owner of the ad.

1. For this, it seems to me that I have to link each row of a classified ad to an owner (?) in my data table. If so, I don’t know how to do it… Would you please have a resource to communicate to me so that I can carry out this action?

2. To send an email, I saw that it was available in pro version only. Is this feature limited in number of emails per month? Because there could be a lot of emails sent per user and ads.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me
Dorian

It seems like what you need is an inline list that points to the Users table where it contains the owner’s data.

For this, you also need to catch the owner’s email/ID when they add a new ad.

Then you either create a relation using that email/ID back to the Users table, make it a multiple match, then use that as the source for your inline list component.

Or, you can point the inline list to the full Users table and filter by email/ID is screen’s email/ID of the owner (in the ad details view).

I would advise using an external service like Integromat/Zapier to automate that process if you don’t want to upgrade to Private Pro. You can send a webhook through the app then send the email through an email node/step in Integromat/Zapier.

4 Likes

Thank you @ThinhDinh for taking the time to help me.

Your explanations seem clear to me. In practice, I don’t know if I’ll succeed… but I’m going to try tonight!

I may also look for written resources available so that I can compare them with the explanations you gave me.

Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

You can learn from @eltintero’s tutorials here.

For sending emails:

Not exactly your use case for relations, but worth a view:

2 Likes

Great! Thanks, I’m sure it will help me a lot :+1::+1:

1 Like

Hello @ThinhDinh and @eltintero

To tell you that I managed to do what I wanted thanks to your explanations. I don’t really know if it’s the right method, but in any case it’s functional. So thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Jesus (@eltintero) for that :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.