Conditional Tab Icons

Just like tab VISIBILITY, would LOVE the ability to change the Tab ICON based on a condition in the user profile sheet. Here are some use cases:

Etc.

Please and thank you!

I was thinking perhaps there should be an icon column, and an icon picker, that way users could customize even more! What do you think?

1 Like

Is there any update on this?
Now that there is a comment component, it would be great to have a different tab icon when there are new comments for example.

Your best bet would be to have separate tabs, and then conditionally hide or show each tab based on some sort of unread condition. But you would have to duplicate the screens, which could be painful depending on how complex they are. Also, you would need some sort of user triggered action to change the value used to hide/show each tab.

Yes, I was thinking of of a way that avoids mirroring the screens, but use a ‘temporary’ tab. I’m using the comment as a mini-messaging system between 2 users X and Y.
I add an “after submit action” in the comment component, to set NewMessageFor = userX, which makes visible to userX the tab with a different icon, and invisible the tab with the original icon. In the now visible tab with a different icon, I display the message “You have a new message” with a button “continue” that sets NewMessage = ‘’ and redirect to the tab with original icon now visible.
When the other userY replies, the “after submit action” sets NewMessageFor = userY and so on.