Component "locator" / bubble?

I don’t know if this necessarily needs any type of back end overhaul but would it be possible to bring back the component “locator” / bubble when hovering over components in mobile view?

Case use: when there are multiple components on one screen, especially when a good number of them are conditionally visible, it’s difficult to find the one you need to manipulate when it isn’t highlighted on the left. Ex - when hovering over the component on the left, it highlights the component in the mobile view:

(Apologies for the poor picture quality, I had to use Steps Recorder to capture the cursor)

As you can see above, there’s a blue highlighted box around the component. But when you hover over the component itself, there’s no correlating “locator” / bubble like there used to be on the left:

Can this be changed back?

Yes, there should be a hover effect on left.

FYI, press Command/Window and click a component to select it.

1 Like

HA - thanks @david! The Window button doesn’t do it but the CTRL button does (as does right-clicking).

And are you saying that the component on the left should have a highlight surrounding it when the mobile view component has the cursor hovering over it? Or am I reading that incorrectly?

Yes, I am saying that we should add that!

1 Like

Wasn’t that present in the old builder, a green bubble?

REVIVING THIS TOPIC

I’m in the process of migrating my old app to the new version of Apps and noticed that there’s no mechanism to easily find components using the mobile view, similar to how there was (is?) in the deprecated Apps. Because I have to rebuild it from scratch, it’s allowing me to tighten up a lot of the visibility conditions and sloppy work that I let go in the old version but, at the same time, I’m having difficulty finding components because there’s no option to “CTRL + (component)” to highlight it.

Am I missing the new easy button? Or is this something that will be brought over soon?

Thank you! Someone else who agrees with me! We need to have “select mode” brought back. I used it religiously with Classic Apps and REALLY miss it with Glide Apps nowadays. @tristan

3 Likes

+1

1 Like