Collapsable Lists

Not sure if this is anything new or not, but I found it pretty cool :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.loom.com/share/b118eeecec204f7ab33d82ba35b6e874

8 Likes

I assume that’s an increment/set column action? :wink:

1 Like

Suggestion: use a right arrow emoji when closed, change to a down arrow emoji when opened and use a button design with no background or border (last one that just looks like a link). I think that would make it look even more like a collapsible list.

3 Likes

That is actually very cute indeed. Nice work!

Using actions to set a value somewhere, from which you drive the visibility?

1 Like

@Darren_Murphy interesting, how is this triggered? Did you do something specific to enable?

Great for questions and answer patterns

1 Like

Nice! Tried something like this here

1 Like

Correct :slightly_smiling_face:
I also used a math column with MOD() function to cover the case when the same button is tapped twice in a row. That’s the only way I could think of covering that without doubling up on the number of button components.

1 Like

Nice idea!
I think that can be done without adding extra components, too.
I’ll have a play…

Ah… I knew I couldn’t have been the first to try this. Although I think I’ve used a slightly different technique. I use a combination of increment and set columns. Each button does an increment on itself, and a clear values on all the other buttons. That’s how I get all the others to collapse when you tap any button. There’s also a math column that does a MOD() on each button’s toggle state, and that’s what drives the visibility of the individual list components :slightly_smiling_face:

@Rosewebstudio see above :arrow_up:

Not sure about cute, but it’s fun to play around with :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s actually very nice!

2 Likes

Yeah, mine is an old version. I haven’t updated it yet. This way you found is pretty cool!

3 Likes

This is how I would approach it as well—nice.

1 Like