Choose Order of Grouping

Hi,

I am grouping a list within my app, but I would like the grouping to be in a certain order Ex:
To-Go
Dine-Out
To-Go & Dine-Out

Right now it’s:
To-Go & Dine-Out
To-Go
Dine-Out

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

What I do is I have a separate sheet with groups and other various lists that I use for choice components. In that sheet I also have a column with a list of numbers to assign order to each item. In your main sheet you can do a relation/lookup to the choice sheet and get the order number for each group. Then I would create a template that joins that lookup order number to whichever other value you want to sort by. Then use that template column for your sort order.

4 Likes

I use an if then else column to define numbers for categories and use that column to sort the list.

5 Likes

Oh, I think I can do this! :grinning: Thank you!!

1 Like

That worked Manan. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks Jeff!!

1 Like

That’s great idea

Another additional idea is when I want to show the favorited items at top, after that sort by another numerical value.

I had a case like that with my Fantasy App, favorited players first then sorted by projected points descendingly.

I add an if then else column to add a numerical value when the player is favorited, a very big one that the projected points can never reach, like 1000.

Then sum the two values and sort by that column. Kind of a multi-category sort.

4 Likes

So I noticed, the in-app sorting, gives the viewer option change that order. Is there a way to sort it on my end, not in-app.

Ohh good to know!! thanks Thinh!

1 Like

What do you mean by “sort it of my end”?

The type of sorting seen here, not in-app.

That is an option that only you, the app owner can set. The in-app sort is there to help users sort the data based on their preference and not affecting the behind-the-scenes setup that you made.

Ok so this option is not available in the ‘see more’ list?

I think it automatically sorts based on the initial list. Can you confirm?

The first image is what the feature options look like, only in app sort is available.

You can do it, but you have to do it on the component the user selects to see more.

2 Likes

Oh yea, that sorts it on that first screen, I want it sorted on the screen they see once they hit ‘see more’, without having the in app-sorting available.

It will sort it on that page. You can not select any in app-sorting, then the user wont have any options to sort within the app.

I don’t want them to have the option here.