๐Ÿ†• Choice component Options ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰

I am getting very buggy performance with radio button option in choice component - app is simple and using google sheet at back end. Initial selection seems to work but if I try to correct to another selection, cannot select certain items within the list, delays etc etc - unusable.
Is this a known issue?
Would using glide tables as data source work better?

2 Likes

Can you describe the bug in more detail or share a video? Is it the current known bug where you have to unselect before selecting a diffent choice when you are not using the multi-select? The source of the choices shouldnโ€™t matter if itโ€™s a google sheet or glide table. At that point, all of the data is cached on your device anyway, so itโ€™s not going to make a speed difference.

Here is a quick video. Many thanks

Buggy radio button example

1 Like

Hola @mwza

Could you make a smaller version of this app where this happens and share it with me, please?

1 Like

Hi @SantiagoPerez
By share - publish and send you a link?
Sorry I am real no coder and relatively new at this!

sample radio button issue
The app is super simple and small as I was only just starting on it - also no polish - Once you have signed in - please go to user profile and edit and make sure Role is set to โ€œData Captureโ€ (The submit edit form will set it anyway via Set Column Value action.) so that you can see the button on Home page.

Thank you

1 Like

@mwza

whatโ€™s the password?

sorry it is Password

Iโ€™m having similar issues using the new multi-select scenario. You can check my app at https://mctesting.glideapp.io/ Go to Visits and create or select a new visit. Then try to check off the guidance steps for each stage of the visit. Iโ€™m also going to log an issue with recording.

@SantiagoPerez I found the issue!

Items in the 'Value" field used for the checklist with a trailing space arenโ€™t able to be added to the โ€˜Dataโ€™ column.

Hola @Jim_McIntosh

Do you have any videos and a sample app where we can see this?

1 Like

Video and app are in the post before this one - same thread. I fixed it for the McTest app.
To test, create a choice, multi-select with checkboxes/radio button option, add a space to the end of one of the values in the list, then try to click it.

1 Like

This is happening to me regardless of space, any value above the selected cant be chosen.