Multirow Choice Component (aka Chips UI)

This would be an amazing feature.

Please vote by clicking here

17 Likes

What if we could only offer this in Glide Tables?

What would you expect the Google Sheet to look like?

4 Likes

@david Initially, it would look the same (no multiselect). Just the ability to have multiple rows of “segmented” view of choice component. Right now, we’re limited to 5. Eventually, if multiselect, I imagine it would look maybe like how Google Forms does it with comma separated values or an array column.

2 Likes

Something similar to this:

@Antonio

1 Like

Prettier margins and max width set for choice buttons

5 Likes

Hi @Robert_Petitto, by any chance do you remember where you took the screenshot of that design pattern?

Dribbble: https://dribbble.com/shots/11321523-Figma-iOS-kit-Chips-UI-design

@david

It would be great if we could bring back the multi selected options info into an inline list card to look something like this…

Specifically how the user icons are displayed.

5 Likes

Do we put that rich text before or after the choice Bob?

I’m trying to use it in one of my clients’ apps, do the “drfdIG” and “gMMOXd” part change?

It doesn’t matter where you place it, and yes, it might change.Since those are unnamed classes, they’re subject to Glide’s builds. The [data] tags are more reliable. but I can’t always target specific elements within components.

1 Like

Thank you! Kinda got it work, trying to make it beautiful. I’m trying some variations of choice button, would love something that looks like the “By studio”, “By class” etc. in the image Eric linked.

@Robert_Petitto @ThinhDinh in this topic I shared, I did this…

I was thinking about sharing this in our new Resources category

ezgif-3-780147cecc66

6 Likes

A little trick with inline list + increment added with some other logics :grin:

3 Likes

Next level stuff! Would love to get a copy of this to see the CSS—beautiful. My favorite is the profile screen:

4 Likes

Nice use of increment buttons here too:

5 Likes

Thank you so much, Bob!!! @Robert_Petitto

Btw,

Happy Glide’s Anniversary :partying_face:

4 Likes

Thank you!!

@Robert_Petitto @Deena Btw guys, I was fixing some points. Can you test again and try to send a in-app msg?
In the second tab Showcase, I have the first topic that i’ve sent, click and click in my profile page, and you’ll see a “Conversar” button… try this out

It’s also amazing! (Not the in-app msg in fact, but the way it looks like)

And try to choose your own conversation background :smirk:

1 Like

It’s nice play with increment :grin: take a look when I click in Cadastrar como Profissional

1 Like

Wicked.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like