Check in Player (data relation help needed)

Im new to Glide and am fumbling around and could use some guidance / help.

I want to create a Check In where the end user can select from a list of players and check them in to a game.

Here is my data table structure:
Check In Table

Player Table

Game Table

I cant figure out how to assign a Player to the Checkin table, the relations column never seems to add the player.

Here is the form

and the action

I like having the list of player to choose from because there is a search bar.

Greatly appreciate your help, if I need to add more columns to the glide database or change the structure Im ok with that as well. Thank you! Any help is appreciated.

What are the relations in your Checkin table relating? I don’t see any Game or Player ID columns to use for the relation. How is your Add Row action configured?

Hi @Jeff_Hager

Here is the Player ID

and the Game ID

Relations look for matching values. The Row ID in the Checkin table will never match the Row IDs in the Game or Player Tables because they are all unique values.

When you add a row to the Checkin table, you should be writing both the Game and Player ID’s as well. Then you will have values to use for your relations.

I recommend checking out the documentation to understand how relations work.

2 Likes

There’s also other things that concern me. Mainly the fact that you have a form container that adds rows as well as a collection that also adds rows. I think you’re going to have issues with that.

What is the purpose of using a form container? I think you would be better off having a player collection on the game detail screen without using a form container.

Also should mention that this could be accomplished without the checkin table. You could get the same results with a multi-select choice component on the game detail screen that writes all player IDs into a single column for the game table.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I think I was able to get it working :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.