Have attempted with a simple model, but I’m still struggling.
Essentially, this is what I’ve got:
Tab with Players in 37 Rows - I’ve then got a series of columns that have various attributes.
Tab with Matches - 5 Rows, one for each match - Italy, Ireland, France, England, Scotland.
I’ve established a relationship between the 2 elements like this:
In the players’ tab, I have 5 columns, Match1, Match2 etc. Glide has then grouped these together. So if a player will appear against Italy, it has the text, “Italy” entered in the Match1 column etc etc.
I’ve then established a relationship between the 2 tabs so that the linkage works as expected >>
An inline list on the player’s page will show all the matches he is listed against and then on the matches page, it will list all players that are to appear in the match.
So far, so simple. We’ve established a multi-relationship from rows in one tab to rows in the other.
Now the bit I’m trying to get my head around is this. When a player appears in a match, there are attributes that could make each appearance distinct from the other. So for example, a player could appear against Italy wearing shirt number 7, but then against Ireland, wear 6.
So what I am trying to establish is, is it possible to keep the same structure as present, i.e., click through to details on the match tab and it will list the players involved, BUT have attributes distinct to that specific match only (i.e. shirt number) appear on the tile?
In the same way that Glide knows which players appeared in which match, I’m trying to pull in more granular attributes for each particular player relating to the match displayed.
If you look at the Italy tab and the players listed in the inline lists, you will see they have numbers on the tiles at present. This is a fudge I’ve done as there is only one match with known properties at present. They’ve been sorted using a column I added and populated with numbers, 1 to 23, for the 23 players involved in the Italy match.
Of course, when I add “Ireland” to the Match2 column, the inline list of players will start to populate on the Ireland match in Glide. However they will still be showing the shirt numbers for Italy; as in that single column.
To conclude, I am trying to establish if it’s possible to use a structure and/or tools within Glide to make sure the contents of the inline player lists for each match return details specific to that match only.
As before, if anyone can help, I’d be most grateful.