Can't say it enough: Glide is such a great tool!

I have been lucky to have been the head of a new media department with 5 developers and 5 designers. So basically I could realize my ideas with them.
And then I left. And then every idea was too complex and / or expensive.
And then came Glide (and other no-code) tools.
And now I can build almost all my ideas myself.
And can change an app when necessary, without having to call an agency and wait till they have time.
Like today. A subscription option for a quiz was needed. The button and form where made in minutes. And even more special: a set of actions was added: if button pushed add row, add mail, view personalized notification.
And all without code by someone who can’t code.
Let’s not forget how special that is.
Thanks all at Glide!

12 Likes

btw the first 25 quiz-players have reserved their place :wink:

1 Like

Truly an amazing tool a glide is.
I am a lawyer by profession and I can’t believe that I have started making Apps for myself as well as for my clients. I am not even from IT background.

Nocode (especially glide) has actually given me completely new line of business.

5 Likes

You left out the best part. Building Glide apps is a whole bunch of fun!! :grin:

7 Likes

i didnt think i’d have to state that realizing ideas is fun :wink:

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more !

Yes, I practically agree with what you said, but I would like to share my experience with Glide and the reaction of the users.

I created some apps and most of them are free to use however people do not access them, do not put the email and therefore do not see how amazing the app is. This has happened over and over and I don’t understand why.

• Also, created an app on Glide so that students could follow the presentation and then upload their work - it was a presentation and a workshop - on the same day. None of the 25 presents made any uploads to the app.

• One of the applications, in particular, I sold to a company at a good price, however, it seems to me that users are not accessing and using it, even if it is available.

• At home, I created a menu and shopping list application, my wife saw it once and never accessed it again.

• For an important London company I created on Glide, a complete hub model for your business, book sales, conferences, chats, integration with discord, map with location pins, videos and podcasts accessible through the app and much more, the owner of the company did not even access the application once and logically refused my proposal.

I am like you, I believe that Glide is an incredible tool and platform, but something is like a gap at the other end, and I don’t know what it is, I would like your feedback.
Thanks

Of course I can’t say anything about your apps, I don’t know them enough, but I can give you examples of Glide apps that worked in my case and why I think they worked.

• An app for skating lessons. Because the skaters needed it on the ice rink to see what their next exercise would be in Covid-19 times. It was almost a necessity and all potential users could easily be contacted by mail.
  • An app for a festival. Because building up to the event it contained exclusive content. The app was very relevant in the phase building up to the event people bought tickets for.
  • An app with no-code tools. Because it was handy and because the timing was right.
  • A members app for a band. Has been growing for a year with now 900 members. People keep on visiting because it has weekly new and exclusive content and they get triggered by a newsletter. New members because of social media posts and fans love exclusives like new songs and unique demos.
  • A tour app for a band. They used it heavily because it adds value on tour. It makes their life easier and all the info they need is in their mobile.

How much value does an app add to a user? How do they get triggered to keep on using it? Why would they use it? What’s in it for them? And does the app explain enough how it makes the life of a user easier or better? Those are important questions imho. People are busy, there is an overload of apps and sites, they will only use them and keep on using them if it adds value to them.

Like I said, I can’t say anything about your apps, but these are the stories of some of my apps.
And for example the shopping list example, I recognize that. For example I often think ‘there is an app for that’ but my wife sticks to her routines because she likes them. But … I made an app for our month through Thailand with all the necessary info and she used that heavily. It added enough value to her. Another one she used: a movie ratings app for a group of friends. Because it was easy to rate and by the ratings of others she got ideas for movies to see for herself. That app added value to her too.

Is there enough added value and if not, how can I make the app a necessity, that’s in the end the question to answer, I think. Instead of NICE TO HAVE is should be NEED TO HAVE.

6 Likes

Yes, here is the main question, because the others are fulfilled, maybe less maybe more every app has some value in it, they always will answer something or keep something available anytime…but.
How engage those people properly? Push Notifications? Lottery?
Thanks for your response!

what i wanted to say is: most ios and android apps are hardly used either, only a small percentage of all apps is a succes, i don’t think the platform is the problem.

5 Likes