Can I publish my Glide apps to the App Store and Google Play?

For the start stage business, we are only use the website for the idea of ​​Minimum Viable Product ideas and not need to be in the app store. Can you provide detailed information on what costs we have to pay if we want to launch on the website? all we know is that the PRO fee is $ 25 / year ?? whats else fee.

We also hope that the loading buffer on our website will continue to open smoothly and quickly when our first consumer opens or clicks on the app logo on their smartphone.

Been working with Glide and making significant progress on my marketing app. Just learned today that my app cannot be uploaded to Google Play Store. Very discouraging…

2 Likes

ok, thank.
I got advice from some peoples in this who saw my application, some suggestions were to :

1. allow users to edit directly on the application’s page items.

2. For the Chat feature they expect to be able to go directly without having to enter email.

3. They want a local payment gate and bank transfer.

4. When loading the first buffer must be fast, because at this time when entering the app via smartphone loading buffering is still more than 5 seconds.

5. it is expected to be able to be developed into the google play store at least there is a beta version first

Hopefully this will also be a suggestion for you to develop.

You can present your feature requests here:

I am entering validation market survey. Can I use a integration third party to enter my application? because I need a local payment gateway channel. There is no Stripe here, and government regulations must use a local server.
included others such as third parties for chat systems, and TOP UP Fund deposits.

So, have you recommendation tird party to deposit TOP UP fund from user? and how to create integration??

1 Like

A progressive web app (PWA) is an apple. A native web app (NWA) is a pear. If you were using a product other than Glide to build a then you’d consciously be choosing to not built a NWA.

PS: Steve Jobs originally intended for iOS apps to be PWAs which is why there is a “save to home screen” feature in the first place.

If you believe that you need a NWA, it is only because you believe that placement in the store is going to lead to either being featured or customers searching for an app of your type and choosing your app. This is probably a good idea for games where customers like puzzle games and they need new ones every month or so. However, it’s less likely that I search for “task manager” and download an app I like. I probably already know about Trello or Todoist etc, from other channels, and I simply find that specific app and download it.

:slight_smile: Which is a long way of suggesting, that building your own audience to launch to could be more effective that joining the “sea” of apps in the store and hoping to get downloads. Again, by choosing Glide vs. XCode (etc) then you already choose to not have a native app in an app store.

Hope that helps.

4 Likes

(Everyone who is outraged at paying $999 per year, your options are: A. Learn XCode and Swift or Kotlin or whatever language you need to build for Android, pay for a developer licence and put a price on the time you spend to learn how to build as well as any educational resources that you’ll need. B. Pay a developer 5-10K at the low end or a smaller dev studio 40-60K to build your app and put it in the app store.)

*You can learn how to build for iOS at https://designcode.io

Basically, the 999 is reasonable as you’d pay many x this to get an app in the app store traditionally. PWAs aren’t intended to be in the app store, they are quicker and easier to build and launch, which is why you’re a Glide customer. If you need a native web app then Glide is the wrong product for you at the moment.

4 Likes

*even more options:

Build a glide app, validate the need in the market, monetise, use the money to pay for a native app. Or, risk 10-60K to just do the last step :slight_smile:

5 Likes

come on, think again and answer some other time.

Was none of that information accurate or helpful? You seemed to have concerns so I tried to provide information (that you may not have been aware of, if you were please ignore) and also options that you could consider as actual solutions.

TBH it’s hard to respond to your most recent comment or to understand what you’re trying to get from this thread going forward though @abyss. Feel free to clarify how the community can best help you from here.

1 Like

The thing is in their launch they clearly promised:

Glide makes it easy & fun for anyone to create apps without code. Pick a Google Sheet and Glide assembles a polished, data-driven app that you can customize, share as a PWA, and publish to the App Store and Google Play if you desire.

It’s been so long but they have not delivered on this basic promise yet.

2 Likes

It’s not basic. In fact it’s very difficult.

4 Likes

Should have promised only after careful consideration then.

Feels like a bait and switch.

2 Likes

We didn’t make any promises. Glide was also a tool for developers to turn JSON data into React Native packages before it was a tool to turn spreadsheets into apps. Many things change when a company is only a few months old.

9 Likes