Calendar reminder

thanks @Darren_Murphy, exactly what is needed.

I just used 24 columns in Glide Table splitting, extracting and putting it back…also using IF-Then-Else

I wonder which method is faster.

I did some testing. Attached is the image of 3 sets of time

1. 1st set - manually key in the ISO time → works as expected, able to link to GCAL with correct date & time

2. 2nd set - I did calculations inside Glide Table (GT) using about 30 columns to split, extract, calculate and then put together inside a template. The display looks good. When I use this column in your code, the GCAL date is always 1, Jan 1970, 7.30am for both start end end. I tried to display text, it shows --AMT. This means that for some reason the value is not being passed properly

3. 3rd set - using @Darren_Murphy formula. The value is correct (have not adjusted for timezone). The display looks good. When I use this column in your code, the GCAL date is always 1, Jan 1970, 7.30am for both start end end. I tried to display text, it shows correct value. However, when I do the select during setup of the text display, the value does not exist. This means that for some reason the value is not being passed properly.

Appreciate your comments.
Thanks

The difference seems to be that when you manually type it in, you aren’t using any separators. I can quite easily tweak the YC to produce that same format. Just give me a little while and I’ll do that for you.

@Mns_Glide give that a try now

1 Like

thanks @Darren_Murphy . It does not help. Just to confirm, I also add in the “-” for the one I manually key-in. It works. So “-” or no “-” is both acceptable.

I think it has something to do with the time it takes to pass the parameter over. As I mentioned before

Okay - what about the milliseconds part at the end and the Z suffix, could that be causing the problem?

Doesn’t help. Have tested changing time key-in manually to with microseconds or with Z…all working well. The one I calculated on GT was modified to add as well but NOT working. If you see the attached photo where I wanted to display the values in the APP, you can see clearly
1st set manually key-in shows the value
2nd set where I do internal calculation shows “AMTZ”
3rd set using your formula have no values yet (I guess it needs to retrieve from calculation?)

I am narrowing it down to timing of populating the value before GCAL is called as main factor.
Your thoughts?
ISOtime1

yeah sorry, I’ve never used Agical so I’m not sure. At this point, I’m thinking @ThinhDinh will probably have a better idea.

1 Like

thanks, The strange thing is - why I cannot display inside the app, the values in my template column. I can see it in GT, but when I do a text display, it comes out as AMT.

Just an update @ThinhDinh and @Darren_Murphy

1. Using both of your codes together are working well
  2. Using construct URL and @Darren_Murphy 's conversion is working well

@Darren_Murphy , the Timezone UTC+8 is right time for me also. Any chance of you changing this in the future that may affect my app?
Thanks

I have no immediate use for it myself, so it’s unlikely that I’ll change it in the near future.
But if you want to be safe, you are welcome to clone the repo:

git@github.com:mcdarren/glide-to-iso-string.git

or

thanks…now need to go and learn how to clone

haha, I’ve been a Github user for many years, so wasn’t really comfortable using replit.

To get these YC columns up and running using Github:

• Clone the repo
  • Publish it as a “page”

To do that last step, you need to navigate to the repo, then go to Settings → Pages

Everything you need to know about Github Pages:

3 Likes

first time using…so need s bit of guidance…

1. I have setup my setup Github
  2. I go to your link and then what to do? :relaxed:

this is your link

Click on the “Fork” button at the top right. That will make a copy of the repository under your own account.

1 Like

My first “fork” done. Thanks @Darren_Murphy

1 Like

Epa @Darren_Murphy

How can this be changed to UTC-5 or any other?

Thanks man!

Assuming that you know your timezone offset, just create a math column first using the formula Date + (OFFSET/24), and then feed that column into the YC column.

2 Likes

Alright!!
Thanks mate!!!

@ThinhDinh - Is your ICAL routine still functioning? It seems my app is now just taking the current time instead of the event start time. Is there a new way to add event reminder into Google calendar? TQ