Buy Button

Is it possible that card information can be saved in Glide or Stripe so users won’t have to put in their information each time?

For security reasons no CC data is stored in Glide. As for Stripe I have no idea but I doubt it.

Thank you george for responding. I guess I figured since stripe has the capability of having recurring payment options then it would also be able to save card information. This is mainly what I could find about saving card information which would require coding. https://stripe.com/docs/payments/save-after-payment

I’m investigating Checkout Page to drive subscriptions although this will be outside the glide side of things… hopefully via a quick web browser instance.

1 Like

Yeah, now that you mention it I know that Stripe does. But yes you need to write the html code and it wouldn’t work for the Glide model unless you wrote your own and launched it as a URL from within Glide.

1 Like

Any idea what I am doing wrong that I keep receiving a notice that says, “item is no longer available” when using the buy button? I’m using the buy button for collecting donations rather than products. Even though it is not a tangible item being purchased, I added a product in stripe so it could generate a SKU, however it is still saying that the item is no longer available.

Any idea what I am doing wrong that I keep receiving a notice that says, “item is no longer available” when using the buy button? I’m using the buy button for collecting donations rather than products. Even though it is not a tangible item being purchased, I added a product in stripe so it could generate a SKU, however it is still saying that the item is no longer available.

Nice, Checkout Page seems promising until Glide add more features to the Buy Button.

Is it possible to add the script overlay in Glide?

How would you implement it within Glide?

What do you mean you “added a product in stripe so it could generate a SKU”

Glide has field that requires an SKU which I believe is an identifying number for the item. Stripe generates a number for you but I’m not sure of this is necessary. I just need know how to set up the buy button properly to where it connects to stripe. I followed all the instructions i just can’t get it to function.

So I assume you have a Stripe account. I don’t remember Stripe generating a number when I enabled it. I do remember that I had to be logged into my Stripe account. In fact I was logged into the companies account but I didn’t have full rights so I had to have the admin of the Stripe account give my login full access. If it’s just your own personal Stripe account and you set it up I assume this wouldn’t be an issue for you.
Otherwise it was plug and play from what I remember. When you say it it is not working what specifically is happening when you click the button? Can you do a quick movie of it?

Was there some resolution to this topic which spells out for a Glide user how to make it so consumer doesn’t need to input CC data every time they make a purchase?

If can’t be done in Glide, how do we implement a link in glide to an outside site to complete purchase (a site that remembers user’s card info and what would that site be for straight credit card payments (stripe/paypal?)

You would need to create one checkout page for each product you sell, which does not seems convenient if you have many products. Are there other options to make payment via weblink not using Stripe?

Hello, do you know where i could find some info to do this?